According to research conducted by Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research (SIEPR), 42% of the U.S. labor force now works from home full-time. With the increase of the virtual work environment, even the strongest of presenters face new challenges. Strong presentation skills are essential for everyone—from those interviewing with a company for a new position to those involved with organizational presentations, nonprofit fundraising, government projects, sales or project meetings and more. Join this 3.5-hour interactive seminar and learn step-by-step techniques to convey a flawless virtual online presence—from presentations and sales pitches to typical daily team meeting skills. Gain confidence knowing that you have a plan to deliver a powerful message, overcome remote challenges and engage your audience.
What You'll Learn
- Developing the presentation:
- How to script your presentation.
- Ways to employ proven storytelling principles.
- How to time and plan special interactions and activities such as meeting warmups and breakout sessions.
- Creating impactful visuals to support your presentation:
- When to use virtual aids and when not to.
- Methods for using virtual aids to control the tempo and mood of the meeting.
- How to use virtual aids to boost your presenting confidence.
- Troubleshooting advanced equipment set-up:
- Tips for arranging cameras and webcams in your meeting.
- Expert-level techniques for microphones and lighting.
- Considerations for using various software programs and online meeting platforms, along with the most common problems and how to overcome them.
- Building trust and rapport with your audience:
- Strategies for opening a presentation or meeting.
- Methods to set expectations for a successful meeting.
- Techniques to eliminate virtual stage fright.
- Capturing and maintaining the attention of your audience:
- Ways to employ the use of questions, polls, and activities.
- Specific vocal techniques that stimulate and energize the audience.
- How to control and limit multi-tasking and silence by others during the meeting.
- Inspiring action after the meeting:
- Decisive words and plans that motivate action.
- Methods for using goals and deadlines to create change.
- Strategies to establish follow-up and follow-thorough.
Bring this training to your location or schedule a private online event.
Have a group of 25 or more people? Try private, onsite team training. Bring this topic, or any of our 200+ topics, to your location with customized training or schedule a live online private group training event. 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed.
"I have been a member of Fred Pryor for almost three years now and I have yet to attend a class that didn't have valuable information that would benefit my company and/or our employees."
— Teri M.
"Excellent!! As always, Fred Pryor's courses are easy to follow, very informative and presented in a format that keeps your attention!!"
— Cynthia S.
"I enjoy all of the seminars that I attend through the Fred Pryor Training Rewards program. They are very informative and the instructors are very knowledgeable and helpful."
— Tasha M.
"Excellent info for all levels of users. There are always things to add to your "bag of tricks"."
— Wendy S.
"Wow! I have taken many wonderful courses through Fred Pryor; this one takes the cake!!"
— Dana N.
"Top notch! Thank you Fred Pryor, this is the best investment my boss could have made."
— Lewis C.
"I received a lot of great information in this training. Several co-workers went with me which was a great help for me to start implementing some of the changes we need to do at the office. It was very eye opening for them to realize the things that we need to do at the office. It was very eye opening for them to realize the things that need to get to me. It was like Fred Pryor and the trainer had my back!"
— Tasha C.