Work faster and smarter with Excel
It's frustrating to know what Excel can do, but not understand the techniques to accomplish it. In one day, you will learn not only the formulas, database techniques, and macro commands that make work go faster, but you will also learn the tips and keystroke commands the pros rely on to make data more useful and worksheets easier to manipulate.
It's a wise investment
One day never delivered so much practical, real-world computer skills training. You'll improve your productivity tenfold. Complicated charts and graphs that once took hours to compile will now take only minutes to set up and assemble. You'll learn when it makes sense to use a macro, how to debug a macro, and how to create and manage a PivotChart. Key code shortcuts you learn will transform multistep processes into single, simple moves. Even the advanced linking and data exchange operations you once dreaded will become easier.
Setup and Editing Success
- Seven Rules that make worksheet setup easy
- How to conceal data in cells, columns, and rows without losing it
- Three steps to protect your data
- Nine keyboard shortcuts that will cut hours from your work
- Tips on changing chart attributes without losing data
- How to manipulate multiple ranges with Autofill
- The overlooked problem-solver for naming ranges
- The end of data entry drudgery — how to get the software to do it for you
Formulas and Functions That Cut Work Down to Size
- Tips for building complex formulas quickly and accurately
- How to utilize the hundreds of functions at your fingertips
- How to use absolute and mixed cells
- Logic Functions — the If, And and Or statements that make data more usable
- Seven formulas you can use right away to select, extract and combine text entries
How to Make the Most of Macros
- When to use an automated procedure or macro — and when not to
- Tips for recording a complex macro and ensuring it runs easily
- How to assign command buttons to macros
- Techniques for debugging a macro, as easy as 1, 2, 3
- How to start — and use — the Visual Basic Editor
Data Exchange with Other Applications
- Specific steps for sharing data with Microsoft PowerPoint®, Access®, Word and other platforms
- How to save your Excel work in a web-friendly format
The Power of Tables, Databases and Lists
- How to sort to maximize the data's usability
- Auditing: a visual map of your formulas
- How to build and manage a PivotChart that's everything management wants
- The best way to analyze equations with scenarios
- A shortcut for calculating trends and projecting future ones
Bring this training to your location.
Have a group of 25 or more people?
Try private, onsite team training.
Bring this topic, or any of our 200+ topics,
to your location with customized training.
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed.
"I have been a member of Fred Pryor for almost three years now and I have yet to attend a class that didn't have valuable information that would benefit my company and/or our employees."
— Teri M.
"Excellent!! As always, Fred Pryor's courses are easy to follow, very informative and presented in a format that keeps your attention!!"
— Cynthia S.
"I enjoy all of the seminars that I attend through the Fred Pryor Training Rewards program. They are very informative and the instructors are very knowledgeable and helpful."
— Tasha M.
"Excellent info for all levels of users. There are always things to add to your "bag of tricks"."
— Wendy S.
"Wow! I have taken many wonderful courses through Fred Pryor; this one takes the cake!!"
— Dana N.
"Top notch! Thank you Fred Pryor, this is the best investment my boss could have made."
— Lewis C.
"I received a lot of great information in this training. Several co-workers went with me which was a great help for me to start implementing some of the changes we need to do at the office. It was very eye opening for them to realize the things that we need to do at the office. It was very eye opening for them to realize the things that need to get to me. It was like Fred Pryor and the trainer had my back!"
— Tasha C.