Choose an Event
Already attended this seminar?
"I have been a member of Fred Pryor for almost three years now and I have yet to attend a class that didn't have valuable information that would benefit my company and/or our employees."”
— Teri M.
"Excellent!! As always, Fred Pryor's courses are easy to follow, very informative and presented in a format that keeps your attention!!"”
— Cynthia S.
"I enjoy all of the seminars that I attend through the Fred Pryor Training Rewards program. They are very informative and the instructors are very knowledgeable and helpful."”
— Tasha M.
"Excellent info for all levels of users. There are always things to add to your "bag of tricks"."”
— Wendy S.
"Wow! I have taken many wonderful courses through Fred Pryor; this one takes the cake!!"”
— Dana N.
"Top notch! Thank you Fred Pryor, this is the best investment my boss could have made."”
— Lewis C.
"I received a lot of great information in this training. Several co-workers went with me which was a great help for me to start implementing some of the changes we need to do at the office. It was very eye opening for them to realize the things that we need to do at the office. It was very eye opening for them to realize the things that need to get to me. It was like Fred Pryor and the trainer had my back!"”
— Tasha C.
In just 2 days, become a more confident, accomplished Excel user, banish "spreadsheet phobia" forever and discover how to get more out of this powerful program than you ever thought possible!
Can you really "master" Microsoft Excel in just 2 days of training? You bet you can! This is Excel training at its most efficient and effective. You will learn how to create spreadsheets, input data, perform mathematical calculations, develop workbooks, edit cells, and use formulas, functions, Wizards and much more — all under the watchful eye of your expert trainer.
Navigating the Excel Working Window
- Learn your way around the Excel window and discover the purpose behind each menu, each toolbar and all those “little boxes” known as cells.
- Understand the critical difference between workbooks and worksheets
- Create, name, open and close a brand-new workbook n Find out how shortcut menus save you time once you know how to use them
- Navigate your way around Excel’s many toolbars and panels: they’ll make your Excel projects shine!
- Decipher the Status Bar
- Discover scrolling secrets for moving around your worksheet and accessing cells that are out of view
- Master shortcuts that save you time, effort and unnecessary mouse clicks
- Learn how to freeze/unfreeze columns or rows — great for keeping track of document information as you move around your worksheet
- Know how to hide/unhide columns and rows (important if you’re working with sensitive or confidential material you don’t want others to be able to access)
Getting help when you need it
- Refer to the Office Assistant, Index and Office on the Web — other help sources to make life easier
- Ask the Excel Answer Wizard for help — talk to the Wizard in plain English, not “computerese!”
- Consult Microsoft Excel’s Table of Help Topics — it’s packed with information, just waiting for your questions!
Creating a new workbook and formatting your worksheets
- Learn to name, rearrange, insert and delete worksheets within a workbook
- Copy worksheets and move them from one place to another
- Create and edit column and row headings
- Enter and edit worksheet data
- Let AutoFormat help you select the tables for displaying your data most effectively
- Adjust rows and columns
- Apply borders, shading, fill colors and font colors to add interest and impact to your worksheets
- Make quick work of boring, repetitive tasks with the AutoFill command
- Use the Office Clipboard, Paste Special, Fills and more to cut, copy and paste your data exactly where you want it
- Dress up your worksheets, reports and financials with lively, attention-grabbing details like clip art, imported graphics, drawing tools and much more!
- Use borders, shading, bold, underline and other graphic elements to make your work stand out
- Learn how to effortlessly integrate Excel with PowerPoint, Word and Access
- Simplify your everyday tasks by creating macros to automate your worksheets
Customizing Excel to work with you
- General Setup — Create your own toolbars and menus to reflect the commands and tools you use most frequently
- Page Setup — Design your worksheets with the margins, headers, footers, rows and columns exactly the way you want them to appear
- Let AutoCorrect catch and correct the mistakes you make most often!
- Learn to insert hyperlinks
- Convert worksheet data into HTML documents
Working with cells
- Learn how to select the right cell format for the right cell data
- Understand the difference between typing a date in a general cell and typing a date in a date/time cell
- Add comments to cells — Excel marks them so you can easily access your comments later
- Use the Format Painter to quickly and effortlessly format entire cell blocks, with just a keystroke or mouse click!
- Highlight specific cells with Conditional Formatting