Choose an Event
Already attended this seminar?
"I have been a member of Fred Pryor for almost three years now and I have yet to attend a class that didn't have valuable information that would benefit my company and/or our employees."”
— Teri M.
"Excellent!! As always, Fred Pryor's courses are easy to follow, very informative and presented in a format that keeps your attention!!"”
— Cynthia S.
"I enjoy all of the seminars that I attend through the Fred Pryor Training Rewards program. They are very informative and the instructors are very knowledgeable and helpful."”
— Tasha M.
"Excellent info for all levels of users. There are always things to add to your "bag of tricks"."”
— Wendy S.
"Wow! I have taken many wonderful courses through Fred Pryor; this one takes the cake!!"”
— Dana N.
"Top notch! Thank you Fred Pryor, this is the best investment my boss could have made."”
— Lewis C.
"I received a lot of great information in this training. Several co-workers went with me which was a great help for me to start implementing some of the changes we need to do at the office. It was very eye opening for them to realize the things that we need to do at the office. It was very eye opening for them to realize the things that need to get to me. It was like Fred Pryor and the trainer had my back!"”
— Tasha C.
The next time your boss says, "Handle it …" will you be ready?
Do you feel 100% confident managing projects, people, and situations independently? It's a fact: If you want to be an "exceptional assistant" — a fully contributing member of your team — you need good management skills to survive and thrive. You need skills like project management techniques … the ability to negotiate well … decision-making acumen … and the ability to manage change, plus many other skills you might think only managers need.
In this exciting, one-day seminar, you'll learn the powerful tricks of the management trade — high-impact approaches that will give you the power and knowledge to "handle your administrative assistant duties with confidence."
The Assistant as Manager
- Why your role is changing, and why more is expected from you: Learn how to incorporate personal and professional growth into your job
- Your plan for taking more responsibility: how to devise a short- and long-term strategy with your manager, and how to make this meeting happen!
- Assessing your readiness for added responsibility: You may surprise yourself with our illuminating self-test!
Planning and Scheduling
- How to stay one step ahead — you'll get things done before you're asked and avoid stressful "crisis" situations
- Planning particulars: the who, what, when, where and how of indispensable work plans. Step by easy step, we'll show you how!
- Identifying and clarifying your priorities: Know what to do when dozens of people and tasks demand your attention
- Merging your priorities with your manager's: Travel on the same track, and get more done!
- Working with suppliers and vendors: a four-step plan that enhances your purchasing effectiveness and improves the customer-supplier relationship!
- How to face off with people who are unwilling to compromise (and still exceed your targets!)
- Win-win negotiating: what it really means, and how to achieve it — consistently and easily
Managing, Motivating and Leading People
- Leading when you're not in a position of authority: straightforward approaches that win the support and respect of key people
- Why people want to work with leaders … and why they hate being pushed. We'll show you the critical difference!
- What to do when your boss gives you authority but your coworkers don't accept it
- What really motivates people? You'll be surprised at how many innovative ways you can encourage people and generate excitement
- Fantastic feedback techniques: how to build "feedback loops" with coworkers and managers that keep you well-informed
- Getting things done through others: how to delegate tasks and ensure they're done right
Presentation and Communication Skills: Getting Your Point Across
- "Total communication": how to build an extensive, powerful communication "network" throughout your organization. (You'll always be "in the know!")
- Strategies for power persuasion: how to get your point across, win support and get people on your "bandwagon."
- Be more than just an observer at meetings! Discover eight specific actions that help you contribute more in meetings and get more out of them
- Mastering the art of presentations: time-tested tools to influence and motivate groups, individuals — anyone!
Decision-Making and Problem-Solving
- Should you "take the initiative"? When to bring a decision to your boss, and when to handle it yourself
- A good decision now is better than a great decision later! Find out how to attack "decision fear" in yourself and others
- Get to the bottom of any problem: a step-by-step technique to "decipher" baffling dilemmas (even complicated, long-standing problems)!
- When you can't solve a problem alone: a six-point procedure for successful group problem-solving
*Price may vary by location and date.