Choose an Event
Ashburn, VA 20149
Bring this training to your location.
Have a group of 25 or more people?
Try private, onsite team training.
Bring this topic, or any of our 200+ topics,
to your location with customized training.
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed.
Already attended this seminar?
"I have been a member of Fred Pryor for almost three years now and I have yet to attend a class that didn't have valuable information that would benefit my company and/or our employees."”
— Teri M.
"Excellent!! As always, Fred Pryor's courses are easy to follow, very informative and presented in a format that keeps your attention!!"”
— Cynthia S.
"I enjoy all of the seminars that I attend through the Fred Pryor Training Rewards program. They are very informative and the instructors are very knowledgeable and helpful."”
— Tasha M.
"Excellent info for all levels of users. There are always things to add to your "bag of tricks"."”
— Wendy S.
"Wow! I have taken many wonderful courses through Fred Pryor; this one takes the cake!!"”
— Dana N.
"Top notch! Thank you Fred Pryor, this is the best investment my boss could have made."”
— Lewis C.
"I received a lot of great information in this training. Several co-workers went with me which was a great help for me to start implementing some of the changes we need to do at the office. It was very eye opening for them to realize the things that we need to do at the office. It was very eye opening for them to realize the things that need to get to me. It was like Fred Pryor and the trainer had my back!"”
— Tasha C.
Supervisor training power-packed with fresh ideas to motivate you and your team
As a supervisor, you're the one in charge, but you know all too well that your job description doesn't even begin to cover the many roles you actually fill. In today's world, supervisors and their teams have more complex relationships than ever before. A supervisor must be a friend, coach, boss and mediator.
For any supervisor, training is key to success when it comes to:
- Motivating and praising
- Delivering criticism and discipline
- Working under pressure
- Meeting tight deadlines
- Training new employees
- Organizing people, projects and schedules
Overcoming the early obstacles
- Successful managers recognize early on certain challenges will come up. How you choose to deal with them will have a critical effect on your relationship with your team. Such challenges include:
- Leading friends, while maintaining performance
- Leading older, experienced employees or younger, inexperienced ones
- Controlling technology to communicate with workers and clients
- Steering clear of common management traps
- Managing your time and stress so that you can put in your best effort
Get the work out.
- Good, well-respected managers are able to give orders and instructions that are easily understood and readily accepted. You can acquire this skill by:
- Creating a basic work plan
- Learning smart ways to set goals and assess productivity
- Making job assignments stick—and work
- Using listening skills to your advantage
- Mastering the challenges of a flex workplace
Create a positive environment
- Employees want to work for a manager who respects their contributions and supports their goals. Create the type of workplaces that will inspire their best work by:
- Getting the most out of a diverse work team
- Helping employees see meaning in their work
- Supporting career development
- Adapting communication styles for today’s work world
- Dealing with negative attitudes
Handle performance problems.
- Top managers regularly assess employee performance and make changes when needed. What you will learn:
- Holding employees accountable for their performance
- Giving feedback that encourages employees to achieve their best
- Controlling absenteeism and tardiness
- Taking legal disciplinary action when needed
10 Tips You’ll Take Home
- How to provide meaningful praise.
- The best way to improve the productivity of a worker who is upset by a past criticism.
- What you can do to enhance your communication skills for first-rate effectiveness.
- How new managers can make the transition and take charge smoothly.
- How to feel comfortable leading friends and former peers.
- The secret to keeping top performers at their maximum level without burning out.
- How to get others to believe in your organi zation and view it as more than just a place to work.
- How to increase departmental planning and decrease your hassles through scheduling.
- The key to solving tough people problems and stimulating others to do their share.
- How to become more organized and productive and, in turn, reduce your stress.
*Price may vary by location and date.