Choose an Event
Already attended this seminar?
"I have been a member of Fred Pryor for almost three years now and I have yet to attend a class that didn't have valuable information that would benefit my company and/or our employees."”
— Teri M.
"Excellent!! As always, Fred Pryor's courses are easy to follow, very informative and presented in a format that keeps your attention!!"”
— Cynthia S.
"I enjoy all of the seminars that I attend through the Fred Pryor Training Rewards program. They are very informative and the instructors are very knowledgeable and helpful."”
— Tasha M.
"Excellent info for all levels of users. There are always things to add to your "bag of tricks"."”
— Wendy S.
"Wow! I have taken many wonderful courses through Fred Pryor; this one takes the cake!!"”
— Dana N.
"Top notch! Thank you Fred Pryor, this is the best investment my boss could have made."”
— Lewis C.
"I received a lot of great information in this training. Several co-workers went with me which was a great help for me to start implementing some of the changes we need to do at the office. It was very eye opening for them to realize the things that we need to do at the office. It was very eye opening for them to realize the things that need to get to me. It was like Fred Pryor and the trainer had my back!"”
— Tasha C.
Stay up-to-date with popular HR topics and learn how to:
- Understand how to define and apply rules in relation to what constitutes workplace harassment
- Coordinate FMLA, OSHA, ADA and Drug-free Workplace requirements when handling an employee who tests positive for THC
- Identify the SSA’s no-match letter dos and don’ts for resolving errors and ensuring “safe harbor” for your organization
- Apply the 2020 FLSA overtime exemptions to the qualified positions in your organization
- Conduct a thorough workplace harassment investigation
- Implement policies and training programs that address workplace harassment issues
- Find the latest legal thinking on the classification of independent contractors and Gig Economy workers using the ABC Test
- Become familiar with the Emergency Paid Sick Leave Act and Emergency Family and Medical Leave Expansion Act, both part of the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA)
- Discuss the liabilities involved if an employee contracts COVID at work
Every day, the headlines sound more and more like a soapy TV drama, or a satire ripped from the headlines of The Onion. Sex, drugs, money and absurdity dominate the national conversation at an unprecedented level. This is why employers and human resources professionals must have a firm understanding of the laws and evolving definitions surrounding employment law and changing HR trends.
I. Harassment and Title VII Protections
- Title VII protections
- When is a “religion” a religion?
- Understanding the full scope of sexual harassment
- The evolving issues and definitions you should understand
- Gender identity and expression
- Sexual misconduct vs sexual assault
- Defining consent
- Romantic relationships in the workplace
- Policies, procedures and training responsibilities
- Keys to writing defensible policies and procedures
- Tips for designing training that covers all aspects of harassment
- How to conduct a proper harassment investigation
II. Marijuana in the Workplace
- Federal Law vs. State Law – Who Wins?
- Which laws apply when an employee travels to a state where marijuana is legal
- Next steps when CBD oils create a “false” positive
- Pros and cons of including THC testing in your drug screening process
- Off duty conduct laws
- States that prohibit THC screening
- How to handle FMLA, ADA, OSHA and Drug-free workplace when an employee uses marijuana legally
III. Social Security Administration No-Match Letters
- Key steps to resolving the no-match
- Tax reporting obligations
- How the letter affects I-9 and eVerify processes
- What to do when the problem is not easily identified
- Tips for conducting a successful and compliant discussion with the employee
IV. Worker Classification
- Three keys to determining proper classification between exempt and non-exempt
- Meeting the salary threshold using the 10% allowance
- Understanding the Gig Economy
- Contractor classification and the ABC Test
- DOL and IRS classification tests