Choose an Event
LIVE ONLINE SEMINARS
PRIVATE TEAM TRAINING
Bring this topic or 200+ other training opportunities to your location in-person or online.
Already attended this seminar?
"I have been a member of Fred Pryor for almost three years now and I have yet to attend a class that didn't have valuable information that would benefit my company and/or our employees."”
— Teri M.
"Excellent!! As always, Fred Pryor's courses are easy to follow, very informative and presented in a format that keeps your attention!!"”
— Cynthia S.
"I enjoy all of the seminars that I attend through the Fred Pryor Training Rewards program. They are very informative and the instructors are very knowledgeable and helpful."”
— Tasha M.
"Excellent info for all levels of users. There are always things to add to your "bag of tricks"."”
— Wendy S.
"Wow! I have taken many wonderful courses through Fred Pryor; this one takes the cake!!"”
— Dana N.
"Top notch! Thank you Fred Pryor, this is the best investment my boss could have made."”
— Lewis C.
"I received a lot of great information in this training. Several co-workers went with me which was a great help for me to start implementing some of the changes we need to do at the office. It was very eye opening for them to realize the things that we need to do at the office. It was very eye opening for them to realize the things that need to get to me. It was like Fred Pryor and the trainer had my back!"”
— Tasha C.
Do your interpersonal skills boost you forward or hold you back?
Ever notice how some people have a knack for connecting with others? Not just "getting along" — but really making a connection. They can strike up a conversation with anyone, and easily smooth over the most difficult conflicts to reach a consensus. They communicate tactfully and leave a positive impression on everyone they meet. Their personal relationship skills improve their success — at work and in everything they do.
Some people just naturally have these enviable skills. The great thing is, these vital skills can also be learned!
Handle all kinds of people with tact and skill
- Know the four behavior styles and learn how to deal with each for best results
- Recognize the “triggers” that set off difficult people
- Understand how your attitude toward people affects their behavior
- Three ways to minimize the impact of a coworker’s negative attitude
- Learn listening skills to help you hear what’s not being said
- Two actions that bring out the best in others in every situation
- Identify subtle ways you may unknowingly be encouraging difficult behavior in others
Build consensus from conflict
- Understand the best thing to do when an adversary “digs in” and won’t budge
- Learn a system for taking stock of different positions and resolving them on the spot
- Recognize when you may be the problem
- Ensure a win-win outcome — and why it is so important
- Discover a new way to approach coworkers you’ve never seen eye to eye with
- Ten questions to ask yourself before a confrontation
- Determine the differences between healthy vs. unhealthy conflict
- Survive a conflict with your ego intact
- Maintain control in the most antagonizing situations
- Identify and deal with hidden objectives
Say what you mean to get what you want
- Understand the differences between passive, aggressive and assertive behavior
- Pinpoint “I” language vs. “bully” language
- Improve relationships with nonverbal communication skills
- Master the essential social talents shared by every successful person
- Encourage one-on-one dialogue
- Identify ways anger can affect a situation and how to manage it
- Learn how and when to address sensitive or difficult issues
- Express a differing opinion with confidence and tact
- The #1 rule to remember about delivering criticism
Build rapport with practically anybody
- Learn simple steps to increase your likeability
- Realize the difference between paying attention and really listening
- Hone the crucial skills that make every great communicator a great listener
- Understand hidden forms of communication
- Four ways for interpreting odd behavior
- What labeling coworkers says about you — and why
- Three ways to promote consensus
- Open the lines of communication with this simple strategy
- Strengthen rapport in your organization — up and down the ladder
- Break out of your comfort zone: when to take a communication risk
Tackle tough interpersonal situations with diplomacy and skill
- Use key phrases to neutralize conflict and smooth out relationships
- Uncover the real issues beneath interpersonal problems using proven techniques
- Defuse hostilities before they get out of control using this five-step program
- Approach known “hot spots” in a way that keeps tempers under control
- Avoid the difficult situations you must absolutely never take on
- Learn strategies for getting adversaries to see things from your point of view
- Recognize when to stand your ground and when to walk away
- Understand the important first thing to do when people lose their temper
- Say “no” without alienating colleagues, managers and staff
Sell yourself to others
- Realize how others see you — your strengths and areas for improvement
- Understand the ABCs of first impressions
- Leave a positive impression each time you introduce yourself
- Discover a simple process for clarifying your values and setting goals for growing your people skills
- Build rapport quickly with new acquaintances and leave a positive impression every time
- Learn the secret to making others feel valued, important and comfortable
- Break out of your comfort zone in unfamiliar settings — and understand why it’s important
- Avoid being thought of as arrogant when you are just nervous or shy
- The one universal door-opener to use everywhere
- Comfortably talk to anybody — even strangers — at professional gatherings
- What savvy professionals do the day after they’ve met a new contact
- Dos and don’ts of professional networking
10 Great Reasons to Enroll Today
- Gain people skills that smooth out even your rockiest workplace relationships
- Become a more valuable employee and team member
- Be seen as a problem solver who can work through any challenge
- Know how to increase your circle of influence in your department, organization and other professional associations
- Be able to defuse conflicts and bring about win-win agreements
- Understand how to deal with different behavior styles to achieve positive outcomes
- Gain exceptional listening skills that enhance communication and understanding
- Learn how to give constructive criticism and have it taken in the right way
- Maximize your strengths and be able to eliminate or downplay your weaknesses
- Eliminate misunderstandings that leadto hurt feelings and damaged relationships