According to International Workplace Group, 70% of global employees work remotely at least one day out of the week. How do employees and managers set themselves up for success in today’s increasingly mobile workforce? What are the most common obstacles facing remote teams and how are they overcome? For answers to these questions, as well as any of your own, join us for this interactive seminar.
While managers must recalibrate how they lead, team members must also redefine how they interact. Whether leading a remote team or working as a successful off-site employee, learn the pitfalls to avoid and pivots needed to transverse this increasingly popular virtual landscape.
What You'll Learn
- Discover dos and don’ts for successful off-site teams and leaders.
- Overcome the top challenges of leading and motivating team members who work remotely.
- Evaluate what technology is needed for a remote office and communicating with in-office teams.
- Determine if you choose people or positions to work off-site.
- Ensure remote workers are destined for success by reviewing equipment needs, communication expectations and productivity goals.
- Discuss what to do when remote isn’t working—is it an accountability issue or a distraction that can be alleviated?
- Learn tips to develop diverse, creative and timely team collaboration.
- Retain star employees by acknowledging their contributions.
- Recognize how to identify and resolve barriers for remote teams.
- Build off-site culture and community with virtual meetups.
- Be knowledgeable in areas of new technology and law that impact remote teams.
Who Will Benefit
Managers, directors and project leaders of remote teams, regional and area managers, directors and vice-presidents, HR managers and supervisors of virtual teams.