Choose an Event
Dulles, VA 20149
Bring this training to your location.
Have a group of 25 or more people?
Try private, onsite team training.
Bring this topic, or any of our 200+ topics,
to your location with customized training.
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed.
Already attended this seminar?
"I have been a member of Fred Pryor for almost three years now and I have yet to attend a class that didn't have valuable information that would benefit my company and/or our employees."”
— Teri M.
"Excellent!! As always, Fred Pryor's courses are easy to follow, very informative and presented in a format that keeps your attention!!"”
— Cynthia S.
"I enjoy all of the seminars that I attend through the Fred Pryor Training Rewards program. They are very informative and the instructors are very knowledgeable and helpful."”
— Tasha M.
"Excellent info for all levels of users. There are always things to add to your "bag of tricks"."”
— Wendy S.
"Wow! I have taken many wonderful courses through Fred Pryor; this one takes the cake!!"”
— Dana N.
"Top notch! Thank you Fred Pryor, this is the best investment my boss could have made."”
— Lewis C.
"I received a lot of great information in this training. Several co-workers went with me which was a great help for me to start implementing some of the changes we need to do at the office. It was very eye opening for them to realize the things that we need to do at the office. It was very eye opening for them to realize the things that need to get to me. It was like Fred Pryor and the trainer had my back!"”
— Tasha C.
Learn the skills rated "most critical" by veteran team leaders
This seminar gets right down to business. It's a "here's what to do - and the best way to do it" crash course for new team leaders.
We designed this seminar with input from veteran team leaders at organizations across the country. You'll explore the issues they believed were most critical in their own team development.
Critical skills like these…
- Getting off on the right foot with a new team
- Making sure team meetings are worthwhile — and not just time-wasting get-togethers
- Understanding the leader's role when conflicts erupt or there's infighting on your team
- Knowing how to invest your time and effort for the biggest payback
- Keeping your team members focused and enthused — especially in the early stages when everything is confusing
Fostering team identity and commitment
You’ll learn creative ways to …
- Use performance challenges to build team loyalty and genuine "esprit de corps"
- Challenge people to go the extra mile — and to enjoy every step of it
- Create a collective purpose that encourages teammates to pull together through thick and thin
- Keep your team persevering despite setbacks or slowdowns
- Celebrate successes and strengthen team commitment
Building trust and teamwork
You’ll discover how to …
- Deal with the anxieties, doubts, and self- questioning every new team goes through
- Rally your troops when they start to falter or tire of being a team
- Make sure workloads and responsibilities are equally shared
- Measure and monitor your team’s trust — in itself and in you
- Set the kind of personal and professional examples your team can admire and emulate
- Define team roles so everyone’s clear about who does what
- Run razor-sharp meetings — and see that follow-through happens so things get done
Working as a team — a team leader’s tool kit
You’ll gain skills in facilitating, decision making, problem solving, and encouraging accountability. Among the areas you’ll explore …
- How to know when you can comfortably transfer decision-making power to your team
- The seven essential steps to usher a team toward true consensus
- Three techniques to help you identify — and solve — the most pressing problems
- How to recognize the signs of "groupthink" - and prevent your team from falling into this trap
- The two best ways to ensure accountability — one formal, the other informal
- The eight critical skills of group facilitation
Helping your team get through strife, gripes, and group disagreements
Learn skills that enable you to …
- Understand the six main sources of team conflict
- Help your team draw dissension into the open — and deal with it honestly and productively
- Use a three-stage process to map your personal plan for changing team conflict into creative opportunities
- Rechannel the negative energy of arguments, differing opinions and opposing viewpoints into a positive team force
- Break deadlocks peacefully and productively
- Recognize when the time has come to step back from direct involvement and let your team settle its own differences
"Growing" your team
Learn strategies to help you …
- Capitalize on the individual skills of each team member
- Move your team toward more self-leadership and less dependence on you
- Teach and encourage innovative — even breakthrough — thinking
Making the move from team leader to big-picture strategist
Learn forward thinking skills that will enable you to …
- Build flexibility and adaptability in your team — key qualities of any successful group
- Take overdue action on “back-burnered” projects
- Foster a team-friendly workplace environment throughout your organization
*Price may vary by location and date.