Choose an Event
Live Online Seminars
Dulles, VA 20149
We’re sorry, there are no events scheduled for this area. Please change your location to see seminars.
Choose a New Location
Bring this training to your location or schedule a private online event.
Have a group of 25 or more people? Try private, onsite team training. Bring this topic, or any of our 200+ topics, to your location with customized training or schedule a live online private group training event. 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed.
Already attended this seminar?
"I have been a member of Fred Pryor for almost three years now and I have yet to attend a class that didn't have valuable information that would benefit my company and/or our employees."”
— Teri M.
"Excellent!! As always, Fred Pryor's courses are easy to follow, very informative and presented in a format that keeps your attention!!"”
— Cynthia S.
"I enjoy all of the seminars that I attend through the Fred Pryor Training Rewards program. They are very informative and the instructors are very knowledgeable and helpful."”
— Tasha M.
"Excellent info for all levels of users. There are always things to add to your "bag of tricks"."”
— Wendy S.
"Wow! I have taken many wonderful courses through Fred Pryor; this one takes the cake!!"”
— Dana N.
"Top notch! Thank you Fred Pryor, this is the best investment my boss could have made."”
— Lewis C.
"I received a lot of great information in this training. Several co-workers went with me which was a great help for me to start implementing some of the changes we need to do at the office. It was very eye opening for them to realize the things that we need to do at the office. It was very eye opening for them to realize the things that need to get to me. It was like Fred Pryor and the trainer had my back!"”
— Tasha C.
Train your staff to rise to a new level of service excellence
Today, keynote speakers are all focusing on the importance of customer service and satisfaction as the critical components of a successful business. Tom Peters, author of In Search of Excellence, calls it the "competitive edge."
Developed and presented by customer service experts, this seminar teaches ways to work easily with others and create a more pleasant environment. We've drawn from what is working in companies all across America. You'll learn ways to communicate keeping your composure under stress, and much more.
This customer service training will help you train yourself, your staff and your organization not only to head off problems, but also to rise to a level of service excellence.
The Vital Role of All Customer-Contact Personnel
- You are familiar with your organization as an “insider,” but your customers judge you by their contacts and your “up-front” operations.
- Your organization through the eyes of the customer.
- How to handle the inherent frustrations of heavy customer contact.
- Why the choices you make with each customer contact are so important.
How to Use Teamwork as a Powerful Force
The very best customer service personnel can’t be effective without internal support. By promoting team-building techniques, you can reduce stress, increase staff satisfaction and offer your customers the highest level of service.
- Four ways to build a strong team
- How to get the support of managers, coworkers and staff
- Tips for improving cooperation between departments
Smart Techniques for Better Communication
What you say may not be what the customer hears; the best intentions can be misconstrued through poor communication skills. You’ll learn guidelines to communicate your message clearly, avoid misinterpretation and project a positive image of your organization.
- How to prevent misunderstandings
- Ways to make a winning first impression
- The secrets to good rapport with customers and associates
- Easy techniques for crystal-clear, positive communications
The Critical Art of Listening
Are you hearing your customers clearly? Listening is not a passive activity, but a skill that requires concentration and practice. You’ll learn how to really understand what your customers are saying.
- 12 poor listening habits and how to avoid them
- 11 creative techniques to sharpen your listening skills
- How listening can surmount a tense situation
Strategies of Customer Goodwill and Trust
Every customer must place a certain amount of trust in the people and organizations they do business with. You’ll learn how to win your customers’ trust and build their feelings of loyalty for a long-term, satisfying relationship.
- How to make customers feel important, and why you should
- The power of using names, with five easy tips to remember them
- How to express appreciation
- Effective techniques for building customer loyalty
- Five ways to reduce costly mistakes
Winning Telephone Techniques
Often, the only connection with a valuable customer is the telephone. You’ll learn how to combat the depersonalization of phone communications and be as effective on the phone as you would be face-to-face.
- How to avoid making a bad telephone impression
- Five ways to improve your over-the-phone persona
- Telephone greetings that set a positive stage
- Three simple rules for answering another person's phone
- How to speak concisely and make every word count
- Strategies for contending with rude or abusive callers
- Innocent statements that can drive customers away
How to Deal with Complaints and Angry Customers
An otherwise positive day can be destroyed by a single difficult customer. Worse, the difficult customer can break your concentration, raise your stress level and rob you of your effectiveness with other customers. You’ll learn how to deal with the difficult while maintaining your professionalism and sanity.
- How to keep from becoming upset and unraveled
- Practical tips for managing dangerous anger
- The right and wrong ways to say "no"
- Techniques for handling complaints to the customer's complete satisfaction
- How to keep your cool in the toughest situations
*Price may vary by location and date.