Choose an Event
We’re sorry, there are no events scheduled for this area. Please change your location to see seminars.
Choose a New Location
Bring this training to your location.
Have a group of 25 or more people?
Try private, onsite team training.
Bring this topic, or any of our 200+ topics,
to your location with customized training.
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed.
The top 10 communication hurdles – can you relate?
- Confronting or criticizing others
- Not being taken seriously
- Feeling self-conscious
- Dealing with other people’s anger
- Speaking in front of a group
- Facing tough situations with confidence
- Receiving criticism
- Getting cooperation
- Setting limits
- Taking the floor
This one-day training will help you build the skills to overcome them.
Speaking up and getting heard
- A matter of timing: when you're most likely to be heard and when it's better to hold your tongue
- Crucial differences in the ways men and women communicate — and how to use this awareness to get more respect
- The simple secret of creating immediate rapport
- How taking yourself seriously affects the way others see you … and specific ways to demonstrate your own self-respect
- Tips for gently redefining relationships with your coworkers so they know where you stand and how you want to be treated
- A way to make requests that actually encourages people to cooperate with you
Moving from self-consciousness to self-confidence
- Ways to mentally prepare for a difficult confrontation … an all-important presentation … or a high-powered meeting
- Courage-builders to help you face high-stakes situations and difficult people
- Specific techniques that enable you to keep your composure when you feel yourself losing control
- How to listen (and respond) to what people mean, not what they say
Setting limits without making enemies
- What to do when you're ignored or interrupted (so you don't get flustered and do get results)
- How to criticize others in a way that minimizes resentment and defensiveness
- When you're being criticized: how to stay open to the message without overreacting or being "hurt"
- Ways to respond to intimidation or bullying
- Empathy: your secret weapon for defusing a hothead
- How to say "no" in a way people respect
- What to do when people don't respect your limits
- Specific techniques for dealing with lying, guilt trips and unreasonable requests
- How to avoid inconsistent behaviors that make it harder for you to set limits the next time
Gaining visibility and getting ahead
- Five steps that help you manage the stress of speaking in groups
- How to be an "active player" and contribute during meetings
- When you want to sell your point of view: how to make your idea their idea
- How to react to a challenge so you come across even stronger
- A quick and simple way to get over your fear of speaking up
- How to use conflicts to build stronger relationships
*Price may vary by location and date.