As the dramatic shift to a highly diverse workforce continues, organizations large and small know they must do a better job of helping all workers understand and capitalize on differences. The cultural backgrounds and experiences of diverse employees and customers deeply enrich an organization—making it more innovative and globally competitive. In fact, according to Josh Bersin Research, inclusive companies are 1.7 times more likely to be innovation leaders in their market. And, in line with findings from Boston Consulting Group, companies that have more diverse management teams earn 19% more revenue. Join us for this 3.5-hour interactive seminar to inspire and ensure organizational awareness and cultural competence.
Realizing the benefits of diversity means meeting the challenges of self-assessment and commitment to cultural awareness, diversity and inclusivity. This seminar is designed to help individuals identify levels of cultural competence in themselves and their organizations. Employees, managers, directors and project leaders, regional and area managers, directors and vice-presidents, business owners, HR managers, supervisors, their teams and organizations will benefit from this training.
(Sources: Josh Bersin Research, Boston Consulting Group, TalentLyft)
What You'll Learn
- Ways to increase cultural competence to improve cultural awareness within yourself and your organization.
- How to measure cultural competence through the Equity Lens. What is it and how it impacts policies, interactions and decision-making.
- Methods for identifying Environmental Microaggressions and how to eliminate insensitive behaviors that can lead to resentment (especially when they may be completely outside of your awareness.)
- Five practices to increase cultural competency within yourself and your organization.
- Solutions for strengthening communication and encouraging differences to build a stronger team and a more profitable business.
- Strategies to navigate and avoid conflict around the water cooler.
- Specific actions you can take to overcome the bystander effect.
Who Will Benefit
Everyone. Employees, managers, directors and project leaders, regional and area managers, directors and vice-presidents, business owners, HR managers, supervisors and their teams.
*Price may vary by location and date.