There are currently no public events scheduled for this topic.
The next time your boss says, "Handle it …" will you be ready?
Do you feel 100% confident managing projects, people, and situations independently? It's a fact: If you want to be an "exceptional assistant" — a fully contributing member of your team — you need good management skills to survive and thrive. You need skills like project management techniques … the ability to negotiate well … decision-making acumen … and the ability to manage change, plus many other skills you might think only managers need.
In this exciting, one-day seminar, you'll learn the powerful tricks of the management trade — high-impact approaches that will give you the power and knowledge to "handle your administrative assistant duties with confidence."
The Assistant as Manager
- Why your role is changing, and why more is expected from you: Learn how to incorporate personal and professional growth into your job
- Your plan for taking more responsibility: how to devise a short- and long-term strategy with your manager, and how to make this meeting happen!
- Assessing your readiness for added responsibility: You may surprise yourself with our illuminating self-test!
Planning and Scheduling
- How to stay one step ahead — you'll get things done before you're asked and avoid stressful "crisis" situations
- Planning particulars: the who, what, when, where and how of indispensable work plans. Step by easy step, we'll show you how!
- Identifying and clarifying your priorities: Know what to do when dozens of people and tasks demand your attention
- Merging your priorities with your manager's: Travel on the same track, and get more done!
- Working with suppliers and vendors: a four-step plan that enhances your purchasing effectiveness and improves the customer-supplier relationship!
- How to face off with people who are unwilling to compromise (and still exceed your targets!)
- Win-win negotiating: what it really means, and how to achieve it — consistently and easily
Managing, Motivating and Leading People
- Leading when you're not in a position of authority: straightforward approaches that win the support and respect of key people
- Why people want to work with leaders … and why they hate being pushed. We'll show you the critical difference!
- What to do when your boss gives you authority but your coworkers don't accept it
- What really motivates people? You'll be surprised at how many innovative ways you can encourage people and generate excitement
- Fantastic feedback techniques: how to build "feedback loops" with coworkers and managers that keep you well-informed
- Getting things done through others: how to delegate tasks and ensure they're done right
Presentation and Communication Skills: Getting Your Point Across
- "Total communication": how to build an extensive, powerful communication "network" throughout your organization. (You'll always be "in the know!")
- Strategies for power persuasion: how to get your point across, win support and get people on your "bandwagon."
- Be more than just an observer at meetings! Discover eight specific actions that help you contribute more in meetings and get more out of them
- Mastering the art of presentations: time-tested tools to influence and motivate groups, individuals — anyone!
Decision-Making and Problem-Solving
- Should you "take the initiative"? When to bring a decision to your boss, and when to handle it yourself
- A good decision now is better than a great decision later! Find out how to attack "decision fear" in yourself and others
- Get to the bottom of any problem: a step-by-step technique to "decipher" baffling dilemmas (even complicated, long-standing problems)!
- When you can't solve a problem alone: a six-point procedure for successful group problem-solving
*Price may vary by location and date.