View additional Human Resources training
There are currently no public events scheduled for this topic.
Cyberbullying, harassment, intimidation, physical violence and/or assaults, verbal abuse, homicide or other threatening disruptive behaviors impact over 2 million American workers each year, according to a blog by Techjury.. Many of these incidents go unreported and a vast majority of these could be prevented with proper training and awareness. Also listed by Techjury, over the past year 60.4 million Americans have been bullied while working. The two key components to preventing such incidents are identifying the warning signs and responding in a timely manner.
What You Will Learn
- Identify the various types of workplace violence.
- Learn how to respond to domestic violence in the workplace.
- Discover the four steps in creating a business threat assessment.
- Find out techniques to handle an upset employee.
- Learn strategies to respond to domestic violence in the workplace.
- Define what is an active shooter.
- Learn the five stages of an active shooter mindset.
Who Will Benefit
Human Resources, managers, supervisors, team leaders, project managers and anyone who may play a part in your organization’s management and supervision.
Recognizing Potential Workplace Violence
- What are the various types of workplace violence.
- What are the roles and responsibilities of the company and employees.
- What are the warning signs and other indicators of problem behavior.
- How to respond to domestic violence in the workplace.
- What are the four steps in creating a business threat assessment.
Reducing the Possibility for Workplace Violence
- How to recognize the various stages of workplace violence.
- Why is early intervention so important.
- How to use personal intuition to recognize and prevent workplace violence.
- How to handle an angry employee.
- Preventing workplace violence starts with the interview - What you need to know.
Surviving an Active Shooter in the Workplace
- What is an active shooter.
- What are the five stages of an active shooter mindset.
- How long do you have to survive an active shooter scenario.
- What are the top six strategies for responding and surviving an active shooter.
- How do I cope after surviving an active shooter scenario.