There are currently no public events scheduled for this topic.
Survive and thrive in the social media madness
Does it seem like these days everyone's "liking," "tweeting," "following," "tagging," "streaming," "sharing," or joining the blogosphere? Are you feeling the pressure to jump on the social media bandwagon … but concerned that you don't have enough information or expertise to do it properly? Don't stress about it! We'll show you how to take full advantage of social media's strengths, easily incorporate a social media program into your organization's marketing strategy, and join the rest of the interactive online business community.
Social Media Basics
- What is social media?
- The Web 2.0 mindset — how modern consumers relate and communicate with online media
- Categories of social media platforms, characteristics, and limitations
- Social media platforms: Who they are and what they do
Creating a Social Media Strategy
- Research your current online positioning — What are people already saying about you? What do they want to do that they currently can't?
- Define your goals and objectives regarding social media — what do you hope to achieve?
- Evaluate the resources required (technology, personnel, training, etc.)
- Should you hire a Social Media Manager or can your current staff handle the job?
- Facebook? LinkedIn? Twitter? YouTube? Determine which platforms will best meet your goals (many companies use multiple platforms to reach their customers)
- Discover lesser-known platforms that might be just what you need to supplement the "big guns"
Preparing for the Legal Implications
- Define internal policy for content and develop procedures for who, when, and what is posted publicly
- Be aware of what content puts you at risk for legal liability
- Prepare damage control and crisis communication contingencies when negative or damaging content is posted about your organization
Executing your Plan
- Create a launch checklist and rollout timetable — here's your step-by-step action plan
- Learn the best ways to create an instant online presence and get your name in front of customers and prospects
- Understand why it's wise to start small and build momentum as you go along
- Get to know your social audience, engage them, and connect with them
Measuring your Success
- How do you measure success? Tweets? Likes? Hits? Responses? We'll show you how to develop metrics and measuring techniques based on your campaign to measure its effectiveness
- Measurement tools for different social media platforms
- Not all results are measurable — how to define what you can and can't measure
- Determining your Return on Investment
Case Studies — Who's doing it right? Who did it wrong?
- Facebook success stories you can apply to your own social media goals
- LinkedIn moves towards social media marketing — what this can mean for you
- Successful blogging — writing content, posting, and responding
- Best practices you can use to ensure your own social media success story
- Building an online community — other companies are doing it, and you can, too
*Price may vary by location and date.