Choose an Event
LIVE ONLINE SEMINARS
|Nov. 1 9am-4pm EDT||
|Nov. 6 9am-4pm CDT||
|Nov. 7 9am-4pm PDT||
|Nov. 14 9am-4pm CDT||
|Nov. 30 9am-4pm EDT||
|Dec. 5 9am-4pm CDT||
|Dec. 6 9am-4pm PDT||
|Dec. 14 9am-4pm EDT||
|Jan. 10 9am-4pm CDT||
|Jan. 18 9am-4pm EDT||
|Jan. 23 9am-4pm CDT||
|Jan. 31 9am-4pm PDT||
PRIVATE TEAM TRAINING
Bring this topic or 200+ other training opportunities to your location in-person or online.
Already attended this seminar?
"I have been a member of Fred Pryor for almost three years now and I have yet to attend a class that didn't have valuable information that would benefit my company and/or our employees."”
— Teri M.
"Excellent!! As always, Fred Pryor's courses are easy to follow, very informative and presented in a format that keeps your attention!!"”
— Cynthia S.
"I enjoy all of the seminars that I attend through the Fred Pryor Training Rewards program. They are very informative and the instructors are very knowledgeable and helpful."”
— Tasha M.
"Excellent info for all levels of users. There are always things to add to your "bag of tricks"."”
— Wendy S.
"Wow! I have taken many wonderful courses through Fred Pryor; this one takes the cake!!"”
— Dana N.
"Top notch! Thank you Fred Pryor, this is the best investment my boss could have made."”
— Lewis C.
"I received a lot of great information in this training. Several co-workers went with me which was a great help for me to start implementing some of the changes we need to do at the office. It was very eye opening for them to realize the things that we need to do at the office. It was very eye opening for them to realize the things that need to get to me. It was like Fred Pryor and the trainer had my back!"”
— Tasha C.
Workplace violence couldn't happen at your organization ... or could it?
Workplace violence can strike anywhere, anytime. It doesn't matter if your company is a small mom-and-pop business or a large corporation. It doesn't matter if you're in Middle America or on the East or West Coast. And it doesn't matter what type of business you work for.
In these times of turbulence and unrest, safety and security issues on the home front and in the workplace are more critical than ever before. Terrorist threats, mass corporate layoffs, a depressed economy and political upheaval are all real factors contributing to stress and emotional anguish in the workplace.
Violence and safety in the workplace today
- The truth about violence in the workplace today: what constitutes it, who’s at risk and why it’s getting worse
- How vulnerable is your organization?
- Ways to identify and eliminate security gaps in your front desk area
- Insights and advice from OSHA on maintaining a safe working environment
- How to create an emergency procedures manual
- Guidelines for designing and implementing an emergency action plan everyone can follow
No-nonsense management of your front desk and lobby area
- Your role as "gatekeeper": What are your responsibilities regarding safety and security measures? What can you be held accountable for?
- Stay one step ahead of emergency situations with information-gathering and strategic planning
- Emergency response strategies to get help fast when you need it
- How to gather information and act as a point of contact during employee disaster drills
- Tips for managing the flow of vendors, customers and other visitors who come through your doors
- The importance of a well-designed check-in and check-out log
- Procedures that ensure restricted areas remain restricted
- Ways to enforce visitor identification and escort requirements
- How to handle cold-call vendors
- Strategies for managing multiple distractions
Critical communication skills no front desk professional should be without
- How your listening skills can be your best asset when it comes to handling sticky situations and touchy personalities
- Telephone skills to help you "listen between the lines"
- Tips for swiftly establishing credibility and authority with visitors
- How to develop your own personal telephone poise and presence
- The legal way to handle "reference" calls - what you can and cannot say
- How to use email safely and securely
- The truth about intuition - learning to trust your instincts
- How to lower your stress quotient and enjoy more balance and serenity, even during hectic workdays
When worst-case scenarios become real; handle emergencies while keeping yourself and others safe
- Techniques for "talking down" a threatening person and regaining control of an explosive situation
- What to do when a confrontation turns serious and weapons become involved
- How to handle these frightening situations with confidence:
- Thefts, robberies and break-ins
- Bomb threats
- Fires, earthquakes and other disasters
- Legal guidelines for reporting injuries and other emergencies
Security measures to increase workplace safety
- Strategies for protecting proprietary company information
- Basic, common-sense security practices suggested by law enforcement
- Building and facility safety practices recommended by security experts
- Ways to protect workers after-hours; how to make sure your facility is secure and employees stay safe when working late