There are currently no public events scheduled for this topic.
Become a more persuasive, powerful, and professional e-mail communicator in just one day of training!
Spend a day with our professional email experts and you'll discover …
- Eight email practices guaranteed to kill your credibility
- How your auto signature line may be sabotaging your professional image
- Ten situations in which you should never communicate by email
- Techniques for writing clear, brief messages that elicit quick response
- Nine common blunders that will cause your emails to be ignored, avoided — or instantly deleted!
- Visual tricks that increase the readability and retention of your message
- And much, much more!
The “write stuff:” Focus on grammar, punctuation and style
- How to write with clarity, brevity and quick response
- Key differences and similarities between email and print communications, plus a comprehensive review of the dos and don’ts of professional correspondence
- What to ask yourself before you begin any message or business communication: essential planning techniques to save you time, improve your writing and get the results you want
- Shortcuts for faster, more accurate emails that are quicker to read and react to
- How to use bullets, indents, spacing and overall message layout to increase readability and retention
- A look at the way icons and “specialty-background” custom emails can affect readability and credibility
- How font, color and size selections can increase or decrease the readability of your message
A great impression: It’s at your fingertips, every day
- Why casual conversations and stream-of-consciousness messages can backfire and steps you can take to build better habits
- Seven strategies to prevent misinterpretation and set the tone — they’ll ensure your email message is professional, tactful and optimally received
- When you’re all set to deliver a sarcastic, angry or snippy message: tactics to help you resist the temptation to hit “send”?
- How to avoid surefire “credibility killers” in your auto-signature line
- Images and information you must protect, and why digitizing your personal signature is a bad idea
- Nine bad habits that drive coworkers crazy — these common practices may be causing your emails to be ignored, avoided or instantly deleted
- The rules of email response: when, why, how quickly and how often to attend to your inbox
The Politics of Email: Make Sure Your Messages are PC
- Who should be included in email communications (and who shouldn't)
- The proper use of the courtesy copy (Cc) and blind courtesy copy (Bcc) lines, and how "actual distribution" varies by e-mail systems
- Email dirty tricks and underhanded political moves that damage relationships and put your integrity in question
- Eight unintentional email practices guaranteed to create conflict, misunderstandings and misperceptions, and kill your personal credibility
- Ten situations that are absolutely inappropriate for e-mail
- Four thought-provoking questions to consider before forwarding an e-mail or attachment that could have political or business consequences
Troubleshooting Tactics: Be Ready to Act and React
- What every savvy emailer must know about communicating to PDAs and smart phones
- How to tactfully deal with coworkers who e-mail excessively, forward everything, or inundate your inbox with jokes and cutesy messages
- Diplomatic, professional ways to handle missends that could hurt feelings, divulge confidential information or embarrass the recipient
- Security rules: absolute musts to preserve confidentiality and protect company information in electronic communications
- Important facts to know about your company's email system so that you can use it more efficiently and effectively
*Price may vary by location and date.