Communication between managers and employees is essential to the success of every
organization, every team and every individual. When communication breakdowns occur, employee satisfaction
decreases, productivity declines and team morale drops. To prevent this, managers and supervisors need to be
prepared to deliver accurate and effective feedback to employees at all times; performance reviews are a critical
part of this effort.
For most organizations, performance reviews occur
annually. These once-a-year meetings are often dreaded by the manager or supervisor giving the review, as well as by
the employee receiving the feedback. Yet, because of the critical nature of this annual meeting, it is important to
both parties that the review is accurate, effective and geared to produce positive results.
So just what is it about performance reviews that makes
them so loathed?
Performance reviews require managers and supervisors to
set aside time in their busy schedules to try to objectively evaluate the performance of their employees over the
previous year. For many of us, it's difficult to remember what we were working on last week, let alone what has
occurred over the past 12 months. Although a performance review takes place only once annually, managers and
supervisors can help alleviate the pressure and dread by using effective evaluation tools throughout the
Are you confident that you are providing your employees
with the feedback they need to improve performance … or do you find yourself spending too much time struggling to
communicate effectively and winding up stressed out and exhausted?
- Can you effectively capture (in writing) the behaviors and actions that reflected positive and
negative employee performance throughout the year?
- Can you create an atmosphere that is conducive to an honest exchange?
- Are you capable of dealing with employees who become emotional and/or difficult while discussing
- Do you know how to effectively communicate your expectations of an employee in a manner that gets
- Do you have a process in place that allows you to accumulate feedback over time, rather than
struggling to come up with it just before the review takes place?
If you've answered "no" to even one of these questions,
you need to attend this program to simplify and streamline the process of conducting performance reviews … and
ensuring they get real results! This powerful one-hour training is an investment in the success and improvement of
your employees, your team and your management skills!
Don't continue drudging through performance reviews each year and
suffering through the headaches and hassles. Sign up for this powerful and informative 1-hour class, and gain the
tools necessary to keep your employees motivated, productive and positive while continually improving their
What You'll Learn
- Methods for keeping track of both individual and team performance throughout the year
- Effective ways to communicate about positive performance areas as well as those that need improvement
- Options for offering praise, recognition and feedback to clearly communicate your expectations to any employee
- Ideas for encouraging future positive performance
- How to deal with coworkers who become emotional during reviews
- Strategies that encourage employee response and self-reflection to keep the lines of communication open
- Techniques for discussing compensation and other money matters with discretion
- Quick dos and don'ts to help ensure reviews are effective and painless
Who Will Benefit
Managers and supervisors, team leaders, HR managers and anyone else who wants to conduct performance evaluations that get results without the hassle!