Due to the volatile nature of information technology, assuming the
role of project manager for an IT project can be challenging, frustrating, and problematic. In addition to constant change, you're
forced to take into account the competitive landscape, business requirements, regulatory issues, and so much more. Do you have the
unique skills necessary for taking an IT project plan and turning it into a well-executed project success that comes in on time and
on budget? If not, this powerful IT project management training workshop will make all the difference!
Project management is no easy task, regardless of a project's scope,
risks, and overall objectives. However, IT project management takes these complexities to a whole new level. From communication and
team-building challenges to scheduling and organizational hassles, delivering new systems and technology to internal and external
clients, customers, and stakeholders can be completely overwhelming.
Have you ever spearheaded an IT project that failed? Have you been
involved in projects that seem to spiral out of control, increasing in complexity and cost while they fall further and further
behind schedule? Have you suffered from wasted time, energy, and resources trying to keep a project going that's missing key
elements for success? Don't spend another day struggling to get a handle on your responsibilities and take control of your IT
projects. This IT project management course is for you!
Can you confidently do the following to keep your project on the right
- Assess and rate the factors required to improve your project's changes for success
- Handle change by getting buy-in from team members and using technology to heighten
- Use the RACI responsibility matrix to ensure team members have clear ownership and specific
tasks to complete
- Implement the proven principles and framework for successful projects (PMI)
- Negotiate priorities up front with sponsors and stakeholders
- Maintain clear communications with key stakeholders to minimize delivery challenges
- Manage risk and monitor your project every step of the way to guarantee its success
If you are a project manager looking to learn tips, techniques, and
real-world strategies for successfully guiding IT projects to come in on time and on budget, look no further! Your technical
prowess may have gotten you where you are, but if you don't have the key project management skills required to minimize cost
overruns, maximize your team's productivity, and oversee that your project keeps moving forward on the right path, you're doomed
for failure. This program will provide you with practical solutions you can begin implementing the very same day to start taking
control of the challenges you face, organizing your project’s resources, and getting real project results.
The rewards of monitoring, tracking, controlling, and successfully
executing a complex IT project are many, but the chances for failure are high if you aren't completely prepared to step into the
role and drive the project toward success.
With the information provided in this powerful program, you'll learn how
to immediately improve your IT project track record by using what you learn to improve your chances for success. In this class, you'll master the
art of collaborating to use delegation, communication, and team-building that keeps your project team focused and on schedule.
Plus, you'll discover how important it is to exercise project oversight and proactively monitor all aspects of your project to keep
it from spiraling out of control. As a result of everything you learn, you'll be able to improve your effectiveness as an IT
project manager, whether this is your first project to oversee or you've been managing projects for years.
If you've ever dreaded the difficult task of managing complex IT
projects, this can't miss training is just what you've been looking for! With the knowledge and know-how you'll quickly gain in one
hour, you'll be able to gather and effectively utilize all of the tools necessary for successfully managing projects of all scope
and size. Enroll in this course today, and get great training you need to keep your projects on time and on budget!
What You'll Learn
- Ways to identify the scope of a project before it begins, including requirements and traceability
- Tips for driving change, using technology as your tool and people as the solution
- Strategies for implementing project management guidelines to build a solid framework for any project
- The 9 key processes of successful project management
- The types of project models and how they affect the project management life cycle
- How to develop a balanced approach to project management, incorporating time, resources, and scope
- Ways to leverage project management tools to keep your projects on track, from task lists to portfolio management applications
- Solutions for proactively monitoring risk and managing change while maintaining accountability
- How to take the practical lessons learned in this webinar and apply the immediately to any and all projects you're taking part in!
Who Will Benefit
This webinar is perfect for programmers, architects, designers, technicians and other information technology specialists who take part in the planning, execution, or oversight of IT projects of any and all sizes.