Human Resources for Anyone with Newly Assigned HR Responsibilities
A HR training course covering key issues, basic laws and best practices
When it comes to Human Resources, you've got to know your stuff. Your organization and its employees are depending on you to provide accurate information, advice and answers on everything from government regulatory issues and benefits administration to the finer points of the employee handbook. You've also got to be current on all the latest HR legal issues, be available as a knowledgeable resource for employees, be able to mediate internal conflicts and disputes and be prepared to hire and fire personnel as necessary.
This information-packed HR training will deliver the most information in the least amount of time. From legislation affecting OSHA, COBRA, FLSA, ADA, FMLA and HIPAA to the best practices in benefits, record keeping, hiring, firing and discrimination. This seminar is a foundational course to train you to spot key HR issues, and how to tackle them.
In just one workshop with our HR training experts, you'll cover:
- An HR overview on FLSA, EEO, FMLA, ADA and more
- Benefits essentials covering the basics of workers’ comp, FMLA and COBRA
- Record keeping 101: What to keep, how long to keep it, who has access
- Best practices to establish employees' confidence and earn respect
- Strategies for employee coaching, counseling and discipline
- Critical, need-to-know legal information about hiring and firing
- And much more!
This program is packed with the essential HR training information you'll need to step into your new position with confidence. In this class, you will learn how to ensure that your company is a safe and secure haven for employees … discover how to stay in compliance with all the latest legislative decisions handed down by the government … and find out how to protect your organization and stay legally compliant.
What our Customers are Saying...
Laws and Practices that Comply: How to Stay on Top of Federal Rules and Regulations
- The laws every HR professional should know regarding FLSA, EEO, OSHA, FMLA, ADA and HIPAA
- Smart practices that will keep your organization out of legal trouble and minimize liability
- Are your current practices legally sound? How to troubleshoot potential legal hot spots and avoid the courtroom
- The employee manual: Rules for must-have content (and guidelines on what to leave out!)
- Tips for educating employees on written — and unwritten — company policies
- The training every employee must receive to ensure safe and legal procedures within your organization
Safe Hiring and Firing Practices: Critical Legal Issues for All HR Professionals
- Legal Hiring Practices — what you may and may not ask in an interview (and why)
- Interview questions and techniques that will yield the best hires
- Before you make the offer: A checklist of steps every HR professional must take before hiring
- References, background checks and drug tests — the legally safe way to get the information you need
- The essentials for coaching, counseling and disciplining employees
- How to conduct a performance review that is effective, motivating and legally sound
- Guidelines for legal termination of an employee
- Legally correct documentation — and how long to keep information in the employee file
Benefits Administration: Policies and Procedures to Help You Help Your Employees
- Benefits essentials such as workers' compensation, FMLA and COBRA
- Types of benefits and how to educate employees on their eligibility
- Training methods to familiarize your employees with available benefits so they'll understand and participate
- Know the differences between exempt and non-exempt classifications, and wage and hour basics
- Types of signage you must display in your business, and why
- Steps to take when benefits change … for the better or the worse
- Ways to get employees to see the HR department as a positive resource
Record Keeping and Records Retention: How to Create an Efficient, Effective and Legally Compliant Program
- A list of employee records you must have access to at all times
- Records the government requires — and how to prepare for an audit
- Employee files: What goes in, what stays out, and who has access
- Pre-employment and employment records you must keep under the EEOC
- Confidentiality and the HR function — best practices of human resources professionals
- Storage methods for keeping confidential records safe and secure
Looking for more? Check out all of our HR training solutions!
1-Day Seminar - US $99.00
Groups of 5 or more: $89.00
Washington, DC - July 21st
Washington, DC - October 19th
Annapolis, MD - July 20th
Annapolis, MD - October 14th
Baltimore, MD - October 7th
Frederick, MD - October 13th
Frederick, MD - July 22nd
Hagerstown, MD - October 12th
Jessup, MD - July 18th
Towson, MD - July 19th
Allentown, PA - August 3rd
Greensburg, PA - July 20th
Harrisburg, PA - August 4th
Johnstown, PA - July 21st
King Of Prussia, PA - August 18th
Lancaster, PA - August 19th
State College, PA - July 22nd
Charlottesville, VA - July 26th
Fairfax, VA - July 27th
Fairfax, VA - October 6th
Fredericksburg, VA - July 28th
Harrisonburg, VA - July 25th
Richmond, VA - October 18th
Winchester, VA - October 5th
Bring this training to your location
Have a group of 15 or more? Try Private Team Training! Bring this topic — or any of our 200+ topics — to your location with customized On-Site Training.
Request a personalized quote today!
Continuing Education Certificates
You can obtain a certificate documenting your professional credits by visiting our certificate page.
Certificates will be available 10 days after your event has ended. You can find more information on credits, including a complete list of eligible courses here.