Finance and Accounting for Non-Financial People
Finance courses for beginners
Where are they getting those numbers? If you've ever asked that question, you're
not alone. Thousands of non-financial people …
… feel uncomfortable in discussions with financial and accounting specialists.
… don't fully understand financial terminology "buzz words."
… don't effectively use budgets, balance sheets, P&L statements, and other
Get help with our one-day workshop!
As a non-financial person, your actions and decisions affect the financial picture.
But, if you're making those decisions without a solid knowledge of finance and accounting,
you're operating in the dark.
Finance courses for beginners are developed to meet the specific needs of non-financial people
like you. With our training class you'll learn the basics of accounting and finance in easy-to-understand
layman's terms. What's more, you'll learn how to apply and use the information to
operate more efficiently and successfully.
We cover all of the essential elements of finance and accounting in one fast-paced,
well-designed program. And, our extensively tested adult learning methods will have
you participating and interacting you'll be on the edge of your seat
not slumped down in it!
What our Customers are Saying...
The Accountant's Tool Box: Basic Accounting Principles and Terminology
- What accounting is, and how it affects your job and your responsibilities
- 3 key accounting terms that form the financial "cornerstone" — brief,
- When expense and revenue activities are reflected "on the books," and
how to anticipate your organization's current and future financial status
Making Sense of the Numbers: Special Financial Conventions and Practices
- The differences between direct and indirect expenses, and who is responsible for
- Why costs beyond your control can directly affect your own financial performance
- How you can increase profitability in your department or organization with a better
understanding of the break-even point
- A simple break-even chart that puts the numbers in an easy-to-understand visual
- Purchase or lease? The benefits and drawbacks of both options
- The 2 basic methods of depreciation and how they affect financial results
The Financial Road Map: How to Use Financial Statements and Reports
- The 8 objectives for financial reporting, and how financial reports can work for
- How everyday business transactions are translated into balance sheets and profit-and-loss
- How to analyze financial reports for profitability, activity, liquidity, and debt
- 4 professional methods to measure 3-line profitability
Achieving On-Target, Profitable Results: Budgeting Basics
- How sound budgeting leads to better, more effective management
- An easy 7-point budgeting outline to prepare a new budget or assess your current
- How to use budgets to measure the performance of your department, your organization
— even yourself!
- 8 expert techniques that help you prepare and monitor your budgets more accurately