Have you ever lost your macro or decided it is just too useful for only one workbook? You can save your macro in PERSONAL.xlsb to apply the macro to all workbooks that you open and use on your computer. (Macros stored in personal.xlsb will not be available on other computers.)
Save a macro to your Personal Macro Workbook:
1. Click Record Macro on the Developer tab as you normally would.
2. In the Record Macro dialog box, choose Personal Macro Workbook from the Store macro in: dropdown options.
3. Complete the macro as you normally would.
4. When you exit Excel, you will be prompted to save changes made to the Personal Macro Workbook. Click Save.
Unhide Personal Macro Workbook:
If you wish to edit a macro that is saved in the Personal Macro Workbook, you will first need to unhide it.
1. In any open workbook, click Unhide on the View tab.
2. Select PERSONAL from the dialog box.
3. Select and edit macros saved to your Personal Macro Workbook.
4. Save then Hide the workbook when your changes are complete.