This training program introduces plain writing to government employees. The training explains what plain writing is and why it is difficult, provides concrete tools and tips for writing using plain language and suggests ways to get started in your own organization.
- Explain what plain language is and why it is important
- List common barriers to plain language and explain how to overcome these barriers
- Describe government agency audiences and the actions these audiences often take
- Match different standard outlines to audience needs
- Convert text-heavy documents to more readable formats
- Edit your language for clarity and precision
- Identify immediate next steps to apply this training