Don't let what you don't know harm you or your organization and put you in legal hot water! It is absolutely critical that you maintain accurate records, be able to access them immediately and store and dispose of them properly. This webinar offers a "crash course" on everything you need to develop an electronic records management program, keep your system up-to-date and ensure that you're maintaining legal compliance.
Being tasked with managing your organization's files and records can be intimidating. As new laws and regulations pass that dictate what you must keep and for how long, as well as what information must be destroyed and how, the responsibility can seem overwhelming. With so much information and such strict procedures for handling it all, are you confident that you have an electronic records program in place that satisfies the needs of your organization while meeting legal compliance standards?
The process of organizing, storing, archiving and destroying your organization's critical business documents is one that can't be taken lightly. It's imperative that you can decipher which information should be kept electronically and what checks need to be in place to keep that data secure. Not only is it important to know what information is stored and where, you must confidently keep your records management program in compliance with government regulations to protect your organization. With just one misstep, you could find yourself in legal jeopardy and risk fines, investigation and possible litigation.
What You'll Learn
- Recognize commonly used terminology for electronic records
- Identify which electronic records need to be managed — and ensure you have the proper methods in place to do so
- Take and improve measures that guide retention of Web content and removable media
- Compare record storage media
- Develop a cost benefit analysis for document imaging options
- Create a procedures checklist for maintaining effective policies and ensuring employee awareness
- Take a self-assessment to determine some of the challenges facing your organization's retention and destruction of electronic records
- Enact a plan to recover vital records in case of disaster
Who Will Benefit
HR staff, records management professionals, small business owners and every employee responsible for developing and/or maintaining effective records retention, access and destruction programs can also benefit from this information-packed program!