Network security encompasses a number of devices and software, including firewalls, anti-virus software, anti-spam and anti-phishing software, proxy servers, two-factor authentication devices, and encryption. This webinar will touch on all the current security systems, give you information and basic knowledge of how each works, and help you decide which security option or combination of methods is right for your organization.
How secure is the data on your computer at work? At home? On your smart phone? Hackers, phishers, scammers,spammers — are all trying to breach security and access valuable data from businesses and individuals. This network security training webinar was designed to give you a quick, yet comprehensive, overview of network security — so that you can ensure your data is protected and your personal information is safe.
As we grow increasingly dependent on technology and the Internet, security is a bigger concern than ever before. Once a niche for security consultants and experts, securing data is now something everyone must be aware of. As people access ther office computer network from home, their home setup from work, and use their smart phones to access everything, data protection has become absolutely critical. Data breaches are serious business, with the potential to cost organizations millions of dollars to mitigate.
What You'll Learn
- The six basic security controls everyone should have in place
- How to create and implement a Security Policy that addresses the individual needs of your company
- Firewalls: costs, providers, how to choose between hardware and software systems (or use a combination of both)
- IPS (Intrusion Protection System) and IDS (Intrusion Detection System) — how they work, and how and when to set them up to work with your firewalls
- The best ways to use anti-virus and anti-spam software setups
- Best practices for using encryption to protect your data
- How to use logging to track suspicious attempts, as well as trace back to discover how and when a breach occurs
Who Will Benefit
Anyone who has access to a computer network at home or at work! This program is perfect for any professional interested in learning more about network security options — and at just one hour, the time investment is minimal for all the benefits gained!