Do you want to enhance your Excel dashboard, charts or reports with branded colors and elements? Say you are working on a new marketing effort that requires a specific look and feel. These elements include specific color combinations to match your corporate logo and so on. It’s possible that Excel’s built-in document themes are not sufficient to meet your design needs. So what do you do? Create a custom theme!
Steps to Customize Document Themes
- Apply the theme that most closely matches your needs to your document.
- Make your adjustments to color, font and design elements using the tools available on the Ribbon:
- On the Home tab in the Styles and Cells groups.
- On the Insert tab in the Text group.
- On the Page Layout tab in the Themes
- Click the Themes button [A] in the Themes group of the Page Layout tab.
- Click the Save Current Theme option [B] at the bottom of dropdown panel to open the Save Current Theme dialog box.
- Enter a name for your theme in the File name textbox and click Save.
- To apply your custom theme to another document, open the Theme dropdown panel again. Your saved theme will appear as an option under the Custom heading.