This sixty-minute webinar guides HR professionals, business owners and upper management stakeholders through the nuances of the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA). Participants will learn the appropriate use for leave, along with best practices and legal how-tos. As a refresher, FMLA applies to companies with 50 or more employees within a 75-mile radius. Additionally, some states have their own Paid Sick Leave laws. This webinar will cover how FMLA works, the recordkeeping requirements of the law, as well as how to inform employees of their rights under the law. Participants of this webinar will walk away with an understanding of when to use the law and how best to implement and maintain appropriate records.
What You'll Learn
- An overview of the basic rules for FMLA.
- Best methods for informing employees of their rights under the law.
- The knowledge of when to use the leave and why.
- How to master record-keeping and tracking requirements.
- Tips on how to enact the law if your state has other paid leave requirements.
- An understanding of the required postings for the law.