Covers Access® 2010 and previous versions. Demoed in Access 2010
Access can be one of the most useful applications in the Microsoft Office suite, but it can also be the most intimidating if you're not familiar with the tools and techniques the program has to offer. Are you familiar with Access queries and comfortable building and performing them to get answers to your most pertinen data questions?
With an application as powerful as Microsoft Access, you can easily store and manage a vast amount of data is one location. However, with so much data in one place, how can you find the answers you need and make your data more useful? Queries allow you to search, filter, add, modify and calculate data across multiple tables in your database. From simple, built-in queries to more complex queries created from scratch, Access features an expansive array of query capabilities to help you locate the exact information you need in a snap.
What You'll Learn
- Simple, select, advanced and flexible parameters the different types of queries and what you need to know about each
- Tips for defining criteria to create more precise queries
- The elements shown in design view and how they can help you customize your query
- The Avg, Sum, Min, Max and Count functions understanding which tool is right for the job
- Strategies for handling "NULL" values in query results
- The ins and outs of splitting and concatenating fields
- Techniques for incorporating multiple queries for even more powerful results
- Ways to speed the data retrieval process using stored queries
- How to delete and update queries as needed
- And much more!
Who Will Benefit
Managers, team leaders, supervisors, administrative specialists, marketers and everyone who uses Microsoft Access and is looking to make their data more accessible and more useful!
PRIVATE TEAM TRAININGBring this topic or 200+ other training oppotunities to your location-
in-person or online.