Do you dread attending meetings at work? Do you find yourself tuning out, watching the clock, and wondering why your meeting was scheduled in the first place? Would your meetings benefit from having a clear purpose, attendees who have an interest in making the meetings a success, and an organizational nature that results in valuable take-aways, to-dos, and next steps?
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the annual loss to the business sector from unnecessary meetings is $37 billion. Additionally, mid-level managers spend 25-60 percent of their time in meetings, with top executives spending up to 90 percent. And what is the result? Most researchers believe that up to 50 percent of that time is wasted. From unidentified roles of meeting participants to the lack of a coherent meeting agenda, it's all too easy for meetings to get off topic and out of control.
With this training, you will learn to run and participate in effective meetings that will save everyone time in the long run.
In just one hour of insightful training, you'll learn how to make meetings produce by selecting the appropriate meeting type, inviting the right people, building a strategic agenda, and getting productive participation from your attendees. You'll also learn how to determine if a meeting is the best option for achieving your desired goals. After all, who wouldn't want to attend shorter, more concise — and even fewer! — meetings?
Think about the meetings you have led or attended in the past week. Were any of those plagued by:
- Insufficient preparation and a lack of direction?
- Flawed "group think" that rarely generates new ideas or results in high-quality decision-making?
- Problem participants that derail conversation or provide only negative feedback?
- Ineffective handouts and materials that keep you from moving forward?
- Too many or too few participants — or simply the wrong attendees altogether?
- Missed opportunities for generating take-aways that get results and create progress?
- Inadequate representation of key points due to ineffective or inappropriate visual aids?
If any of these scenarios sound familiar, purchase your copy today and enjoy a fast-paced, fun hour of training that will provide you with the strategies and techniques to turn your meetings around and start getting real results. You will begin leading and participating in meetings that generate clear strategies for your next move, end with the intended conclusion — and take just a fraction of the time to do so!
Don't spend another minute suffering through meetings that drag, digress, and destroy team morale. If you want to start being a part of meetings that produce positive results, this program is for you! In this powerful and informative program, we'll provide you with the tools necessary to keep your group on task, on topic, and on time — and help you eliminate meeting mayhem for good!
What You'll Learn
- Insufficient preparation and a lack of dire
- Flawed "group think" that rarely generates new ideas or results in high-quality decision-ma
- Problem participants that derail conversation or provide only negative feed
- Ineffective handouts and materials that keep you from moving for
- Too many or too few participants or simply the wrong attendees altoge
- Missed opportunities for generating take-aways that get results and create prog
- Inadequate representation of key points due to ineffective or inappropriatal aids
Who Will Benefit
Every member of your organization who conducts or participates in meetings will benefit from the ideas, techniques, and tools offered in this powerful program!