In this modern era of remote team management, effective strategies for productive meetings are more crucial than ever. In just one hour of insightful training, you will learn how to make meetings produce by selecting the appropriate meeting type, inviting the right people, building a strategic agenda, and getting productive participation from your attendees. You'll also learn how to determine if a meeting is the best option for achieving your desired goals. After all, who wouldn't want to attend shorter, more concise — and even fewer! — meetings?
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the annual loss to the business sector from unnecessary meetings is $37 billion. Additionally, mid-level managers spend 25-60 percent of their time in meetings, with top executives spending up to 90 percent. And what is the result? Most researchers believe that up to 50 percent of that time is wasted. From unidentified roles of meeting participants to the lack of a coherent meeting agenda, it's all too easy for meetings to get off-topic and out of control.
Don't spend another minute suffering through meetings that drag, digress, and destroy team morale. Keep your local and remote teams in contact, engaged, and working collaboratively effectively. If you want to start being a part of meetings that produce positive results, this program is for you! In this powerful and informative program, we'll provide you with the tools necessary to keep your group on task, on topic, and on time — and help you eliminate meeting mayhem for good!
What You'll Learn
- Prepare your meetings with purpose and direction
- Whom to invite and how many participants you should have
- When meeting in-person or online is and isn't appropriate
- Key tips to transition from in-person to virtual meetings
- Handle flawed "group think" that rarely generates new ideas or high-quality decision-making
- Deal with problem participants that derail the conversation or provide only negative feedback
- Avoid ineffective handouts and materials that keep you from moving forward
- How to represent key points with effective visual aids
- Generate decisions, action items, and takeaways that get results and create progress
Who Will Benefit
Every member of your organization who conducts or participates in meetings will benefit from the ideas, techniques, and tools offered in this powerful program.