Due to the volatile nature of information technology, assuming the role of project manager for an IT project can be challenging, frustrating, and problematic. In addition to constant change, you're forced to take into account the competitive landscape, business requirements, regulatory issues, and so much more. Do you have the unique skills necessary for taking an IT project plan and turning it into a well-executed project success that comes in on time and on budget? If not, this powerful IT project management training workshop will make all the difference!
Project management is no easy task, regardless of a project's scope, risks, and overall objectives. However, IT project management takes these complexities to a whole new level. From communication and team-building challenges to scheduling and organizational hassles, delivering new systems and technology to internal and external clients, customers, and stakeholders can be completely overwhelming.
What You'll Learn
- Ways to identify the scope of a project before it begins, including requirements and traceability
- Tips for driving change, using technology as your tool and people as the solution
- Strategies for implementing project management guidelines to build a solid framework for any project
- The nine key processes of successful project management
- The types of project models and how they affect the project management life cycle
- How to develop a balanced approach to project management, incorporating time, resources, and scope
- Ways to leverage project management tools to keep your projects on track, from task lists to portfolio management applications
- Solutions for proactively monitoring risk and managing change while maintaining accountability
- How to take the practical lessons learned in this webinar and apply the immediately to any and all projects you're taking part in!
Who Will Benefit
This webinar is perfect for programmers, architects, designers, technicians and other information technology specialists who take part in the planning, execution, or oversight of IT projects of any and all sizes.