Do you dread the thought of having to put down your company's policies and procedures in writing? Are you positive that you can effectively produce documentation that conveys your policies and procedures appropriately while protecting your organization from legal liability?
Well-written, concise policies and procedures are the framework that holds your organization together and makes everything run smoothly and efficiently, while ensuring fairness and consistency. However, when tasked with writing policies and procedures, many business professionals find that there's always something more pressing to do. If clear and transparent policies and procedures aren't documented and distributed, an organization runs the risk of suffering from an unfortunate misunderstanding, a critical mistake, or even a lawsuit that could be very costly.
What You'll Learn
- Determine your organization's most important objectives and how effective policies and procedures can ensure they are carried out
- Understand the distinction between policies and procedures and how they are strategically linked
- Identify the six most important reasons for creating comprehensive policies and procedures
- Eliminate the guesswork by knowing where to start and what to consider before writing anything
- Consider the legal dos and don'ts when creating or revising policies
- Develop policies and procedures that are easily understood and legally sound
- Pinpoint important policies you might have initially overlooked, including e-policies for your organization's use of information technology
- Recognize your intended audience and target your writing to fulfill their needs
- Use best practices and professional tips to create a high-quality printed manual
Who Will Benefit
Managers, supervisors, HR professionals, any individual within your organization who is responsible for creating airtight policies and efficient procedures.