"I forgot" is an excuse you probably hear far too often from patients who have missed their appointments and are demanding a new one ASAP. What they don't understand is that time is money. Using these strategies and simple techniques, you can help your office increase its revenue by decreasing no-shows.
The Annals of Family Medicine published a study showing 65% of participants said negative emotions toward the doctor's office were the primary reason for missing appointments … others mentioned fear of the unknown, or that their condition(s) had cleared up. No matter the patients' reasons, missed appointments are costing your office time and money.
What You'll Learn
- Explore how reminder services can improve patient accountability
- Discover ways to educate patients about your office's business practices, so they'll respect your time and show up on schedule
- Learn how to stress the importance of keeping routine appointments
- Develop a system for cancellations in the event that a patient legitimately needs to reschedule
- Identify the pros and cons of overbooking
- Understand the necessity of notifying the healthcare provider of no-shows — and why you should let the patients know you're doing it
Who Will Benefit
How to Reduce Missed Medical Appointments is perfect for office managers, physicians, nurses, front desk personnel or any healthcare professional who handles patient scheduling.