As a contentious political season approaches, how do you protect your business from polarizing viewpoints and political discord while ensuring you are not violating your employee’s rights as protected by the National Labor Relations Act (NLRA)? Whether you’re encountering opinionated political mindsets from employees, or needing to diffuse tense situations with customers, this one-hour webinar is designed to give you the insight you need to help diffuse and resolve politically charged situations and protect your organization.
Learn to navigate what is considered Protected Concerted Activity under the NLRA versus what is potentially illegal and can be viewed as bullying or harassment. Protected Concerted Activity is the legal term defining employee protections against employer retaliation that workers may partake in without fear of employer retaliation. Learn successful ways to open constructive dialogue with employees and avoid contentious, politically charged conversations that can undermine and derail your organization.
What You'll Learn
- Reasons why we are experiencing such a major shift in contentious political talk in the workplace.
- Successful strategies to protect your business from inflammatory politics.
- Ways to navigate civil discussions with differing opinions.
- How to have a conversation with someone without expecting to change their mind.
- What the NLRA entails in relation to freedom of speech and how it applies to your organization.
- Considerations for how social media influences today’s political discussions.
- Successful ways to shape and frame management’s political views at work without violating the law or infringing on your employee’s rights.
- Effective steps to de-escalate and neutralize the fallout from politics being brought into the work environment.
- Useful tips on creating and enforcing political policies within your organization.