Every day you work with words. Whether you're emailing colleagues and coworkers, crafting your next proposal or creating business presentations, it is imperative that you utilize proper grammar and appropriate word choice to convey your message in a way that gets results — and enhances your professional credibility. Are you confident in your business grammar and comfortable with standard proofreading practices or could you use a refresher to polish your skills?
With the complexity of English grammar and the endless "to-do" list on your desk, it can be frustrating and overwhelming to proofread and edit your business communication. If you're unsure of what to say and how to say it, worried that you're letting foolish mistakes slip through the cracks or intimidated by the proofreading process, you're not alone. Now, you can boost your confidence and learn to create crisp, clear, mistake-proof business documentswith ease — and in half the time — with the skills you'll learn in this fun, fast-paced hour of training.
What You'll Learn
- Understand the 11 most important grammar rules every professional should know
- Identify misplaced modifiers, parallelism problems and passive voic and eliminate these stylistic no-no’s from your communication
- Avoid the 10 most misused words found frequently in written documents
- Create a "watch list" to help easily identify verbal tics and problem words found in your writing
- Edit for style and understand the importance not only of what is said, but also how it's said
- Improve your proofing and editing skills and implement what you learn in your next business document
- Develop a company style sheet that simplifies proofing and ensures consistency throughout your organization
Who Will Benefit
Managers, supervisors, team leaders, administrative professionals and every member of your organization can improve his or her grammar and proofreading skills; and gain respect, confidence and credibility.