Administering FMLA can be risky business — but if properly understood and used, it can work to your advantag.
Are you familiar with the ins and outs of FMLA? Does your organization have a thorough policy that covers all of the situations you might face in administering FMLA? If an employee tries to take advantage of FMLA, would you know how to handle it?
Don't get caught unprepared. Your organization could end up in a tangled legal web if you're not familiar with the intricacies of FMLA. With every new court case, the FMLA becomes better defined … and sometimes more confusing. In just one hour, you'll gain a better understanding of the FMLA, learn to eliminate FMLA confusion and explore real-life issues.
What You'll Learn
- Eliminate the confusion know what the FMLA really says
- Coordinate your FMLA policy with your other leave policies and avoid overlap
- Understand how FMLA can work to your advantage, how it can quickly turn against you and how it can take a turn for the worse if you're not careful
- How to cope with employees who misuse or abuse FMLA
- Learn about the latest court cases on FMLA: what to be aware of, what to watch out for and what to change
- Discover common misunderstandings: what they are, how they'll get you into trouble and how to avoid them
- Uncover the answers can you fire an employee who's on FMLA leave? How do you handle pregnancy and maternity/paternity leave quandaries?
Who Will Benefit
HR professionals, employer representatives, managers and supervisors and anyone who is involved with administering FMLA or needs a greater understanding of the law!