It can be very difficult to maintain composure and resolve conflict appropriately in some of today's sticky healthcare situations.
If you're a healthcare professional or work in a healthcare environment, you're bound to deal with difficult patients. And, if not handled correctly, a difficult patient can escalate into a hazardous event. Most patients don't set out to be difficult. Rather, they become difficult out of frustration, anger, confusion and/or fear.
Learn how to address all of these situations and end each encounter on a positive note. This Webinar equips you with the communication strategies and confrontation management skills you need to survive and thrive in your demanding, high-stress healthcare environment. After one hour, you and your coworkers will return to work with a fresh outlook and the sense of fulfillment, satisfaction and empathy that brought you to the healthcare field in the first place.
What You'll Learn
- Identify the underlying causes of a difficult patient
- Develop an approach to deal with difficult patients that results in a more consistent, positive outcome
- Handle the physically aggressive patient with techniques that reinforce a safe environment for all
- Establish documentation techniques to increase protection for yourself and your facility
- Calm down the angry patient with these effective communication strategies
- Discover best practices for dealing with the patient's family
Who Will Benefit
Nurses, nurses' aides, physicians, office managers and staff in medical offices, clinical technicians, hospice workers, nursing home employees and any other healthcare professional who is involved in caring for patients will benefit from this workshop.