Is conflict running rampant in your workplace?
If allowed to grow unchecked, conflict in the workplace drags down morale, creates tension and frustration, gets in the way of productivity and poisons work relationships. Clearly, you want to reduce the amount of conflict occurring in your workplace, but what is the best way to go about it?
How do you deal with aggressive behavior, negative attitudes, excessive sarcasm, hidden agendas and other sources of workplace conflict in a positive, healthy, productive fashion? How can you defuse "hot button" situations, calm explosive personalities and exercise damage control … without losing confidence and composure in the process?
What You'll Learn
- Build more effective, more assertive communication skills
- Understand how personality styles affect conflict — and adjust your actions accordingly
- Use Active, Rephrasing and Reflective listening skills to facilitate better communication
- Generate multiple solutions to get to the root of conflicts and defuse them
- Stop getting into confrontations that don't solve problems and start communicating your way toward constructive solutions
- Deal with put-downs, sarcasm and less-than-flattering remarks in a way that gives you the upper hand
- Defuse volatile situations before they escalate into full-scale confrontations
- And much more!
Who Will Benefit
Supervisors and managers, team leaders, project managers, HR staff, administrative personnel; every member of your organization who has had to address or witness conflict in the workplace!