Communication can make or break relationships, job effectiveness and can determine how you are perceived. Active listening is the foundation of effective communication.
Did you know that most research shows we only remember about 25 to 50% of what we hear? That means you may be missing 50 to 75% of important directions from a boss, information from colleagues and customers or failing to connect with a loved one.
Listening has a significant impact on many major life and professional activities:
- We listen to receive information
- We listen to understand
- We listen to create connection
- We listen to learn
- We listen to communicate empathy
- We listen to build self-esteem of others
- We listen to create efficiency in the flow of information
- We listen for enjoyment
Active listening is a challenge at first, but watch the changes you see in your relationships as a result of your investment in developing this skill — nothing creates human connection faster than listening. In just one hour, learn how to: be present during conversations; listen and respond with empathy; hear the what is unsaid behind the words someone is speaking; use listening to persuade, negotiate and increase productivity; respond with clarification techniques and eliminate listening habits that create distractions. Enroll now in this webinar and learn active listening exercises that will help you influence others, reduce conflict, increase productivity and improve your retention of information.
Discover how to be an effective listener in this active listening training—learning tips and strategies taught here.
What You'll Learn
- How to define an active listener
- The six steps to active listening
- The actions that encourage active listening
- What interactive listening is and why you need to add it to your communication skill set
- Why active listening builds connection and strengthens relationships
- How to listen behind the words to really hear the speaker's "unsaid" intentions
Who Will Benefit
Managers, supervisors, team leaders, administrative professionals and every member of your organization who wants to improve their communication with active listening skills!