Workshop covers Outlook 2010 and previous versions. Demoed in Outlook 2010
You think you know how to use Outlook. But are you really using all of the features and functions at your fingertips that can make your life easier and streamline your workday?
Technology, and email in particular, is integral in our day-to-day business processes and communication. With more to do and less time in which to do it, business professionals are always looking for ways to maximize their productivity and add hours back into their days. Why not start with Outlook — something you are already using every day?
You are probably thinking, "I use email every day. I know how to send and receive messages, how to add appointments and meetings to my calendar and how to keep a list of contacts readily accessible. What more is there to know?" Microsoft® Outlook®, one of the world's most widely used email clients, offers numerous lesser-known features and functions that can make a dramatic impact on your day and ease some of your most basic work-related frustrations.
What You'll Learn
- Master the four "D"s of decision-making: delete it, do it, delegate it or defer it
- Understand how to customize "The View" in Outlook so that your toolbars and layout are most functional for your particular needs
- Develop a concise system for wading through new emails
- Organize and categorize emails so that they are easy to find whenever you need them
- Create strategic folders that will provide you with functional access to your most important archived emails
- Set up rules to automatically filter incoming messages
- Assign delegations and permissions to your tasks and calendars
- Use color to categorize emails for easy searching
- Drag and drop in Outlook to save precious time in your day
- Utilize the tasks and to-do options available in Outlook to get more done and keep track of your projects with ease
- Easily move between Outlook components without spending time searching through menus
Who Will Benefit
Managers, team leaders, supervisors, administrative specialists, marketers — anyone and everyone who uses Microsoft Outlook and is looking for a way to add hours back into their days!