Styles & Strategies to Supervise Effectively
Bring out the best in your employees
As a supervisor, you're on the spot, every day
Discover essential supervisory skills and techniques to bring out the best in your employees with this supervisor training. Learn to become a leader instead of a boss and avoid the most common pitfalls of the new or untrained supervisor
Are your supervisory styles and strategies in sync with what today's work force really wants and needs? So much more is expected of supervisors today — in terms of coaching people, communicating corporate directives, paving the way for change — that it's critical you keep up to date on the skills you need to do your job.
Clearly, you have a tough job. That’s why you won’t want to miss this seminar. You’ll learn new ways to:
- Be a supportive coach - Tune into your employees' needs and delegate projects based on their strengths and weaknesses.
- Correct poor performance - Learn the psychology of motivating people. You'll be able to correct negative behavior gently for long-term change.
- Bring out the best in your employees - Help them grow so they'll contribute more and feel better about themselves. You'll all enjoy your workplace more - and find greater satisfaction in working together.
Attention: senior-level management
This seminar is a good way to ensure your employees’ supervisory styles and strategies are in sync with what today’s work force really wants and needs. Whether your supervisory personnel are new, up-and-coming or veteran leaders, this training offers a wealth of skills and insights they can begin applying to work situations as soon as they return to the office.
When you offer your staff members training in their fields, you are sending a clear message saying you care about and support their career growth. This boot camp will also boost morale, enthusiasm and productivity in ways no amount of money can buy. Plus, they’ll definitely learn valuable information that will make your life easier in the long run … and who doesn’t want that?
Not sure whether to attend? Let us address your concerns.
Will my managers approve it?
They’ll benefit by having a better trained and more respected supervisor. When you make your request to attend, show them this brochure.
Will I learn anything new?
You’ll learn a lot. Supervision is not something you just pick up as you go. This seminar is focused on helping you solve supervision problems quickly. The skills you learn will save you countless hours in the future.
Will I be bored?
Not at a Pryor Learning Solutions training seminar! Our trainers create lively learning environments and earn an average audience rating of over 9.0 on a 10-point scale.
What if I try it and don’t like it?
If you realize the program is not for you, just let us know — we’ll send you a full refund. Fair enough? See our guarantee below for details.
Bring out the best in your employees
Your success as a supervisor is measured by how your employees perform. You have to make sure that the work gets done, costs are controlled, employees work as a team, and upper management is satisfied. Whether you've been "in the trenches" or are just starting to supervise others, this training provides a wealth of ideas, techniques, and tools to help you manage people and projects smoothly and effectively.Download Brochure
The role of the supervisor
- Become a leader instead of a boss
- Avoid the most common pitfalls of the new or untrained supervisor
- Assess behavioral styles to build better workplace relationships and improve team conduct
Getting it all done
- Practice these prioritization strategies to organize tasks and manage time wisely
- Create solutions to scheduling conflicts and interruptions
- Learn basic project management skills every supervisor needs to know
- Utilize effective delegation methods to empower your team
Building an A+ team
- Select, hire and nurture superstars
- Review motivators and demotivators
- Learn tips for new recruits and established employees
- Deliver performance appraisals as a positive motivational tool
- Practice the coaching model — an effective tool for teaching new skills or improving performance
The challenges of change
- Learn the “three Cs” of change: Constant, Cyclic and Cumulative
- Help your people through the basic change cycle
- Practice specific techniques to gain support for change
- Use one-on-one coaching to strengthen weak spots
- Encourage employees to gain control of their destinies