Choose an Event
Ashburn, VA 20149
We’re sorry, there are no events scheduled for this area. Please change your location to see seminars.
Choose a New Location
Bring this training to your location.
Have a group of 25 or more people?
Try private, onsite team training.
Bring this topic, or any of our 200+ topics,
to your location with customized training.
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed.
Already attended this seminar?
"I have been a member of Fred Pryor for almost three years now and I have yet to attend a class that didn't have valuable information that would benefit my company and/or our employees."”
— Teri M.
"Excellent!! As always, Fred Pryor's courses are easy to follow, very informative and presented in a format that keeps your attention!!"”
— Cynthia S.
"I enjoy all of the seminars that I attend through the Fred Pryor Training Rewards program. They are very informative and the instructors are very knowledgeable and helpful."”
— Tasha M.
"Excellent info for all levels of users. There are always things to add to your "bag of tricks"."”
— Wendy S.
"Wow! I have taken many wonderful courses through Fred Pryor; this one takes the cake!!"”
— Dana N.
"Top notch! Thank you Fred Pryor, this is the best investment my boss could have made."”
— Lewis C.
"I received a lot of great information in this training. Several co-workers went with me which was a great help for me to start implementing some of the changes we need to do at the office. It was very eye opening for them to realize the things that we need to do at the office. It was very eye opening for them to realize the things that need to get to me. It was like Fred Pryor and the trainer had my back!"”
— Tasha C.
As a supervisor, you're on the spot, every day
Discover essential supervisory skills and techniques to bring out the best in your employees with this supervisor training. Learn to become a leader instead of a boss and avoid the most common pitfalls of the new or untrained supervisor
Are your supervisory styles and strategies in sync with what today's work force really wants and needs? So much more is expected of supervisors today — in terms of coaching people, communicating corporate directives, paving the way for change — that it's critical you keep up to date on the skills you need to do your job.
The role of the supervisor
- Become a leader instead of a boss
- Avoid the most common pitfalls of the new or untrained supervisor
- Assess behavioral styles to build better workplace relationships and improve team conduct
Getting it all done
- Practice these prioritization strategies to organize tasks and manage time wisely
- Create solutions to scheduling conflicts and interruptions
- Learn basic project management skills every supervisor needs to know
- Utilize effective delegation methods to empower your team
Building an A+ team
- Select, hire and nurture superstars
- Review motivators and demotivators
- Learn tips for new recruits and established employees
- Deliver performance appraisals as a positive motivational tool
- Practice the coaching model — an effective tool for teaching new skills or improving performance
The challenges of change
- Learn the “three Cs” of change: Constant, Cyclic and Cumulative
- Help your people through the basic change cycle
- Practice specific techniques to gain support for change
- Use one-on-one coaching to strengthen weak spots
- Encourage employees to gain control of their destinies
*Price may vary by location and date.