Choose an Event
LIVE ONLINE SEMINARS
|Aug. 16 9am-4pm CDT||
|Aug. 24 9am-4pm PDT||
|Sep. 8 9am-4pm CDT||
|Sep. 14 9am-4pm EDT||
|Sep. 22 9am-4pm CDT||
|Sep. 27 9am-4pm EDT||
|Oct. 6 9am-4pm PDT||
|Oct. 11 9am-4pm CDT||
|Oct. 19 9am-4pm EDT||
|Oct. 25 9am-4pm CDT||
|Nov. 1 9am-4pm EDT||
|Nov. 3 9am-4pm PDT||
|Nov. 10 9am-4pm CDT||
|Nov. 16 9am-4pm CDT||
|Nov. 29 9am-4pm PDT||
|Dec. 6 9am-4pm EDT||
|Dec. 8 9am-4pm CDT||
|Dec. 14 9am-4pm EDT||
|Dec. 15 9am-4pm CDT||
PRIVATE TEAM TRAINING
Bring this topic or 200+ other training opportunities to your location in-person or online.
Already attended this seminar?
"I have been a member of Fred Pryor for almost three years now and I have yet to attend a class that didn't have valuable information that would benefit my company and/or our employees."”
— Teri M.
"Excellent!! As always, Fred Pryor's courses are easy to follow, very informative and presented in a format that keeps your attention!!"”
— Cynthia S.
"I enjoy all of the seminars that I attend through the Fred Pryor Training Rewards program. They are very informative and the instructors are very knowledgeable and helpful."”
— Tasha M.
"Excellent info for all levels of users. There are always things to add to your "bag of tricks"."”
— Wendy S.
"Wow! I have taken many wonderful courses through Fred Pryor; this one takes the cake!!"”
— Dana N.
"Top notch! Thank you Fred Pryor, this is the best investment my boss could have made."”
— Lewis C.
"I received a lot of great information in this training. Several co-workers went with me which was a great help for me to start implementing some of the changes we need to do at the office. It was very eye opening for them to realize the things that we need to do at the office. It was very eye opening for them to realize the things that need to get to me. It was like Fred Pryor and the trainer had my back!"”
— Tasha C.
More is known today about "how to train" than ever before. Many old methods and once-accepted training practices are disappearing in favor of better, more effective procedures and strategies.
The information and technology explosion has resulted in a rapid change of pace and an "age of specialization." Employee turnover is at all-time highs, and skilled workers are harder and harder to find. To stay competitive, productive and profitable, the successful organization must recognize the need for ongoing, results-driven training programs.
Pinpoint Your Training Needs
- Learn how to simplify and clarify your goals — and discover exactly what you need to accomplish to meet them.
- How to spot training needs early — before deficiencies reach crisis level.
- Innovative ways to use feedback to spot problems and needs requiring training solutions.
- How to sell your training ideas and create proposals that win the support of management and employees.
- Use questionnaires and surveys to pinpoint training needs, including examples and techniques.
- Learn about alternatives you can tap into when formal training isn’t possible.
Understand the Adult Learning Process
- The most common barriers to learning and how to avoid them.
- Discover the 10 characteristics of adult learners, and use the information to produce on-the-mark training for employees.
- 20 guidelines you can use now to give better instructional presentations to adults.
- Learn the 13 needs of adult learners, and tailor your training for maximum effectiveness.
- Six ways to motivate people and make them want to learn — even resistors and know-it-alls.
Plan and Develop Super-Powerful Programs
- Use a simple, easy-to-use form to design your presentation — you’ll save hours.
- Tips for setting objectives: why you must have specific objectives before you can begin planning.
- Consultants and independent trainers: find out if they can save you time or money.
- A guide to resources and research: find out where to look for the background information you need.
- The creative program: learn six ways you can develop a training program that will leave no one bored.
- How to produce a tight, productive outline to guide you every step of the way.
- Learn surprising ways you can involve your coworkers in the planning process to increase enthusiasm and support.
- 15 training formats you can use, including advantages to each format and easy-to-understand example sand techniques.
- How to pace the program: know when to speed up and when to slow down.
- Five areas you should cover early in the day, and five areas to cover as the day progresses.
Produce Innovative Materials and Presentations
- 12 expert tips for designing visual aids to put punch in your program.
- Learn indispensable user tips for flip charts, overhead projectors, films, video, slides and more.
- How to develop better materials and course books to reinforce learning long after the training program ends.
- The optimum physical environment: find out how noise, space, temperature, lighting and other “comfort factors” affect your presentation.
- Use diagrams for eight room arrangements — you’ll learn the best setup for the smallest to largest group.
- Guidelines to help you develop a professional presentation style that will increase your confidence and effectiveness.
- Four ways you should use humor — and three ways you should not.
- Find out when to use question-and-answer sessions, with dynamic tips to help you field questions like a pro.
- Three ways to personalize the training material and increase participation and involvement.
- Prepared training materials: when you should take advantage of them and when you should avoid them.
- 11 musts for instructional presentations: use a helpful checklist to be sure you haven’t overlooked anything.
Encourage Maximum Learning and Participation
- 12 ways to maintain audience rapport and encourage better participation from everyone.
- How to identify and deal with learning resistance.
- Dozens of ideas to incorporate interactive training methods, including role playing, case studies, games and panel discussions.
- Increase retention and memory. Learn six ways trainers can determine if new material has been understood.
- Discover nine ways to help participants relate material to their own personal experiences.
- Six expert tips for using group participation and discussion effectively, without losing control.
- How to develop team spirit and camaraderie among participants to heighten their learning experience.
Master One-on-One Training
- The new employee: smart strategies to make training and orientation as quick and easy as possible.
- Discover clever ways to increase your effectiveness in day-to-day training situations — giving instructions, guiding employees and more.
- How to utilize your subordinates and other employees for in-house training.
- Eight tips for one-on-one instruction that guarantee a productive experience for the trainer and trainee.
Evaluate Training Effectiveness
- Solid pointers for effective follow-up: seven ways to clarify training success.
- Five specific methods to gather information for training evaluation.
- Was your training effective? Learn step-by-step methods for measuring the results.
- Debriefing — what it is, why you should do it and a nine-step plan to show you how.
- The dollars-and-cents of training: learn how to demonstrate training profitability and win the support of even the most disbelieving managers.
- How to increase involvement in training programs throughout your organization, from top to bottom.
- Training on a budget: learn cost-effective ideas for quality training.