Choose an Event
Dulles, VA 20149
We’re sorry, there are no events scheduled for this area. Please change your location to see seminars.
Choose a New Location
Bring this training to your location.
Have a group of 25 or more people?
Try private, onsite team training.
Bring this topic, or any of our 200+ topics,
to your location with customized training.
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed.
Already attended this seminar?
"I have been a member of Fred Pryor for almost three years now and I have yet to attend a class that didn't have valuable information that would benefit my company and/or our employees."”
— Teri M.
"Excellent!! As always, Fred Pryor's courses are easy to follow, very informative and presented in a format that keeps your attention!!"”
— Cynthia S.
"I enjoy all of the seminars that I attend through the Fred Pryor Training Rewards program. They are very informative and the instructors are very knowledgeable and helpful."”
— Tasha M.
"Excellent info for all levels of users. There are always things to add to your "bag of tricks"."”
— Wendy S.
"Wow! I have taken many wonderful courses through Fred Pryor; this one takes the cake!!"”
— Dana N.
"Top notch! Thank you Fred Pryor, this is the best investment my boss could have made."”
— Lewis C.
"I received a lot of great information in this training. Several co-workers went with me which was a great help for me to start implementing some of the changes we need to do at the office. It was very eye opening for them to realize the things that we need to do at the office. It was very eye opening for them to realize the things that need to get to me. It was like Fred Pryor and the trainer had my back!"”
— Tasha C.
Motivate. Inspire. Lead. SUCCEED.
Leaders are born out of hard work.
Becoming a competent leader means effectively challenging, motivating and empowering others. It also requires transitioning from manager to leader.
The Leadership Event covers helpful strategies and straightforward insight on how to become a respected and effective leader.
Are you the kind of leader who:
- Orchestrates projects and gets things done?
- Makes informed decisions?
- Delegates responsibility?
- Attracts a following because you are charismatic, diplomatic or sensitive to people’s needs?
Fine-tune Your Leadership Role
- Learn to distinguish leadership roles by their contribution to business
- How “action,” “influence” and “motivation” define a leader
- Why different kinds of leaders are needed in today’s ever changing workplace
- How to rally people behind your leadership — and get them to follow you willingly and enthusiastically
Implement Communication Strategies for Leaders
- Assess your current communication techniques using our fail-proof checklist
- Deal with the anxieties, doubts and self-questioning every new team experiences
- Recognize the signs of “groupthink” and prevent your team from falling into this trap
- Create an environment where team members feel free to ask for help, exchange ideas, admit to mistakes and share opinions
- Overcome barriers to productive communication
Utilize Feedback and Direction to Think Outside the Box
- The feedback cycle: effective ways to give and receive feedback
- Key measures and benchmarks you can use to assess the development and progress of your team
- The value of stepping back gradually allowing your team to reach its own conclusions and map its own actions
- Clever remedies for “snipers”—team members that use “putdowns” to make other team members look bad
- How to turn successes and failures into training opportunities
- Ways to unleash and nurture the creative genius in those around you
- Rewarding “creative weirdness”, encouraging risk taking, and applauding failure
- Proven advice for team “brainstorming” sessions that produce more good ideas than you ever thought possible
Overcoming Team Conflict and Developing Team Members
- The main sources of team conflict; five styles of handling conflict and when, why and how to use them
- Sound guidelines that pinpoint conflict within a team, and lead you to firm and quick solutions
- Valuable tips for resolving conflict, handling change and motivating others
- Effective approaches that help you handle the most difficult people on your team
- Why focusing on the process — not the person — is the most constructive criticism
- Strategies team leaders use to get the best of each team member
*Price may vary by location and date.