There are currently no public events scheduled for this topic.
In just one day, participants will learn:
- The art of active listening - how to ensure that they understand what their co-workers are really saying.
- Tips for remaining professional during angry or emotionally charged confrontations.
- How to correct recurring problems in an organization’s communication chain.
- Four proven actions that build trust and rapport.
- How to handle people who have difficulty listening and understanding.
- A step-by-step plan to create better communication channels and foster “team spirit” within a department, work group or entire organization.
Communication Basics: The Who, What and Why of Successful Communications
- Learn four critical tasks you must accomplish to send and receive every message clearly.
- Avoid the manager’s #1 communication mistake.
- Learn the innovative four-step communication cycle that will enable you to communicate with anyone, anytime.
- Discover how to extract the information you need from employees, co-workers and managers.
- Become a “communication entrepreneur” by taking advantage of the dozens of communication opportunities that occur every day.
- Find out how to handle discussions between “unequal” parties.
- Learn how to turn disagreement into a positive dialogue.
- Discover how the eight principles of communication affect discussions in ways you may not be aware of.
- Understand the “container myth” and why it may be responsible for misinterpretation of messages.
- Find sensible solutions that prevent every day time pressures from destroying complete, clear communications.
- Adjust to the style differences that can stand between you and others.
The Art of Listening: How to Hear and Understand Others
- Learn how five essential listening viewpoints help you hear even the most subtle communications.
- Discover down-to-earth practices that convince others you hear and understand them.
- Use practical steps to deal with the “speaking/hearing mismatch.”
- Master the art of “in-and-out” listening and never again miss important information.
- Learn how to understand the critical 93% of communication that poor listeners often miss.
- Become familiar with little-known listening tricks that interpret pitch, tone, and inflection.
- Find out how to read body language.
- Use the “paraphrasing” method to ensure that you understand the message someone is communicating.
- Learn seven easy-to-use signals that make speakers feel they are understood.
- Dispel bad listening habits that prevent you from finding good compromises and solutions.
- Discover eight quick tips that help you listen to angry, agitated speakers in highly charged pressure situations.
Sending Your Message: How to Communicate with Anyone and Be Understood
- Understand negative, neutral and positive talk - use the right tone in every conversation.
- Communicate bad news tactfully and diplomatically without causing hard feelings or defensiveness.
- Learn powerful methods to communicate negative information without sugarcoating the truth.
- Use persuasive communication skills that convince people to accept – even support – change and transition.
*Price may vary by location and date.