Choose an Event
PRIVATE TEAM TRAINING
Bring this topic or 200+ other training opportunities to your location in-person or online.
Already attended this seminar?
"I have been a member of Fred Pryor for almost three years now and I have yet to attend a class that didn't have valuable information that would benefit my company and/or our employees."”
— Teri M.
"Excellent!! As always, Fred Pryor's courses are easy to follow, very informative and presented in a format that keeps your attention!!"”
— Cynthia S.
"I enjoy all of the seminars that I attend through the Fred Pryor Training Rewards program. They are very informative and the instructors are very knowledgeable and helpful."”
— Tasha M.
"Excellent info for all levels of users. There are always things to add to your "bag of tricks"."”
— Wendy S.
"Wow! I have taken many wonderful courses through Fred Pryor; this one takes the cake!!"”
— Dana N.
"Top notch! Thank you Fred Pryor, this is the best investment my boss could have made."”
— Lewis C.
"I received a lot of great information in this training. Several co-workers went with me which was a great help for me to start implementing some of the changes we need to do at the office. It was very eye opening for them to realize the things that we need to do at the office. It was very eye opening for them to realize the things that need to get to me. It was like Fred Pryor and the trainer had my back!"”
— Tasha C.
In just one day, participants will learn:
- The art of active listening - how to ensure that they understand what their co-workers are really saying.
- Tips for remaining professional during angry or emotionally charged confrontations.
- How to correct recurring problems in an organization’s communication chain.
- Four proven actions that build trust and rapport.
- How to handle people who have difficulty listening and understanding.
- A step-by-step plan to create better communication channels and foster “team spirit” within a department, work group or entire organization.
Communication Basics: The Who, What and Why of Successful Communications
- Learn four critical tasks you must accomplish to send and receive every message clearly.
- Avoid the manager’s #1 communication mistake.
- Learn the innovative four-step communication cycle that will enable you to communicate with anyone, anytime.
- Discover how to extract the information you need from employees, co-workers and managers.
- Become a “communication entrepreneur” by taking advantage of the dozens of communication opportunities that occur every day.
- Find out how to handle discussions between “unequal” parties.
- Learn how to turn disagreement into a positive dialogue.
- Discover how the eight principles of communication affect discussions in ways you may not be aware of.
- Understand the “container myth” and why it may be responsible for misinterpretation of messages.
- Find sensible solutions that prevent every day time pressures from destroying complete, clear communications.
- Adjust to the style differences that can stand between you and others.
The Art of Listening: How to Hear and Understand Others
- Learn how five essential listening viewpoints help you hear even the most subtle communications.
- Discover down-to-earth practices that convince others you hear and understand them.
- Use practical steps to deal with the “speaking/hearing mismatch.”
- Master the art of “in-and-out” listening and never again miss important information.
- Learn how to understand the critical 93% of communication that poor listeners often miss.
- Become familiar with little-known listening tricks that interpret pitch, tone, and inflection.
- Find out how to read body language.
- Use the “paraphrasing” method to ensure that you understand the message someone is communicating.
- Learn seven easy-to-use signals that make speakers feel they are understood.
- Dispel bad listening habits that prevent you from finding good compromises and solutions.
- Discover eight quick tips that help you listen to angry, agitated speakers in highly charged pressure situations.
Sending Your Message: How to Communicate with Anyone and Be Understood
- Understand negative, neutral and positive talk - use the right tone in every conversation.
- Communicate bad news tactfully and diplomatically without causing hard feelings or defensiveness.
- Learn powerful methods to communicate negative information without sugarcoating the truth.
- Use persuasive communication skills that convince people to accept – even support – change and transition.