View additional Time Management training
If you're like most people, it happens often. Your ambitious plans were sacrificed to …
- A bottomless in-box
- The constant stream of minor crises "only you can handle"
- Endless details, letters, phone calls, and interruptions that leave you wondering, "Will I ever get caught up?
Wonder no more. You can get caught up — and start getting ahead. How? By learning and mastering these essential skills:
- Setting priorities, so you focus on what's important
- Controlling your workday, so you move toward your objectives steadily and complete them on time
- Determine what kind of “tasker” you are
- Discover which time management tools REALLY works for you – you might be surprised!
- Evaluate your strengths, weaknesses and stress triggers to form a strong foundation for success
- Take a hard look at your work day and discover obstacles to getting things done
- Gain insight on your personal organization to better manage workplace chaos
- Clear out the clutter – trim everything from paper stacks to electronic noise like emails, IMs and text alerts!
- Improve on how you handle interruptions, daily tasks and to-dos with action plans that take your strengths and triggers into account
- Apply your personal tasker style to daily task challenges and identify personalized solutions
- Critically examine your organizational habits and find ways to improve
- Set goals – don’t just attack tasks with no meaning, but intentionally accomplish goals while continuing to grow your time management skills
- Understand the difference between short-term and long-term goals
- Learn how to debrief once you’ve finished a task – discover how to know when it’s complete and how do you learn from it
- Take action to enhance your knowledge and improve the processes that work for you
- Measure your success and recognize areas to improve
- Discover the power of the gap analysis – compare where you are now with where you want to be in order to plan a path to success
Getting Things Done in Groups
- Share your goals and action plan with colleagues to support your endeavors and attain (the seemingly) impossible
- Communicate with others effectively and discover ways to better collaborate with those of a different tasker type
- Get what you need to improve your quality of life and work effectiveness
Establishing and Keeping Good Habits
- Don’t let your established routine continue to work against you!
- Learn how to establish good, lasting habits by evaluating how they are formed and the best way to achieve them
- Discover how habits are created and how to use your behavioral triggers to your advantage