Choose an Event
PRIVATE TEAM TRAINING
Bring this topic or 200+ other training opportunities to your location in-person or online.
Already attended this seminar?
"I have been a member of Fred Pryor for almost three years now and I have yet to attend a class that didn't have valuable information that would benefit my company and/or our employees."”
— Teri M.
"Excellent!! As always, Fred Pryor's courses are easy to follow, very informative and presented in a format that keeps your attention!!"”
— Cynthia S.
"I enjoy all of the seminars that I attend through the Fred Pryor Training Rewards program. They are very informative and the instructors are very knowledgeable and helpful."”
— Tasha M.
"Excellent info for all levels of users. There are always things to add to your "bag of tricks"."”
— Wendy S.
"Wow! I have taken many wonderful courses through Fred Pryor; this one takes the cake!!"”
— Dana N.
"Top notch! Thank you Fred Pryor, this is the best investment my boss could have made."”
— Lewis C.
"I received a lot of great information in this training. Several co-workers went with me which was a great help for me to start implementing some of the changes we need to do at the office. It was very eye opening for them to realize the things that we need to do at the office. It was very eye opening for them to realize the things that need to get to me. It was like Fred Pryor and the trainer had my back!"”
— Tasha C.
Reading: A constant frustration … or a secret of success?
Every day, all day long, you're faced with "information overload." Facts, data and other information come at you from every direction — from the newspaper that lands on your doorstep to the emails, reports, memos and other correspondence that land on your desk and in your mailbox. It's an endless stream of material to read, understand, remember and act upon.
Whether you thrive — or barely survive — hinges on your proficiency in processing so much information. If you're like most people, you simply don't have more time to devote to catching up on your reading. Put Evelyn Wood's world-famous, time-tested techniques to work for you, and you'll be reading faster right away … with greater comprehension and retention than you've ever experienced!
Evelyn Wood's Four Basic Concepts
- Learn how four basic ideas can eliminate your old reading habits and move you toward highly efficient "visual" reading
- Train yourself to read vertically, and eliminate slow, unproductive "line reading"
- See the big picture in everything you read — you'll understand the form and organization of the material before you read it
- Try five quick exercises to help you recognize and accept the "visual impressions" in everything you read, and participate in three innovative self-tests to sharpen your new skills in visual reading
Increased Reading Speed
- Discover how natural "speed readers" cover material two to three times faster than the average reader
- Do you "hear yourself read?" Find out how this common practice impairs your reading speed and comprehension
- Improve your concentration skills and avoid outside distractions that interfere with reading
- Gain a vital skill to comprehend what you're reading as you read it — and stop rereading bits and pieces to improve your comprehension
- Learn four ways to break in books and publications before you begin to read. You'll increase reading comfort and ease page turning
- Practice using your hand as a vital reading tool. You'll learn basic hand motions to help you keep your place and pace
Better Memory and Recall
- Find out how to recall information from material you've read — as much or as little as you need
- Establish a personal "recall pattern" — a logical process that improves your memory skills tremendously
- Discover how to "preview" material and commit it to memory. You'll remember more of what you've read — with less effort
Note-Taking, Study and Listening Skills
- Master four ways to take better notes at meetings, seminars and presentations — you'll get all the important information without trying to record every detail
- Create the ideal study environment and develop a "mental set" that aids retention of the material
- Use the time management "pyramid" to maximize your efforts with all types of reading — from complex, highly technical material to leisure reading
Improved Reading Comprehension
- Do you really understand what you read? Learn the five levels of reading comprehension, and discover ways to improve your present comprehension level
- Utilize 10 simple tips for long-term memory and recall. You'll remember information longer than the average reader
- Discover powerful methods for improving your understanding and comprehension while actually increasing your reading speed
Report and Presentation Techniques
- Implement a six-step procedure that streamlines preparation time for reports, papers, speeches and more
- Learn how to use the "Multiple Reading Process" to find and compile sources of information for reports and presentations. You'll be better organized and save time, too
- Get dozens of effective hints for writing first drafts and final reports with greater speed and clarity
Tips for Everyday Reading
- Employ proven tips to help you read periodicals — you'll increase your enjoyment, as well as your speed and comprehension
- Zip through your in-box with indispensable reading methods for letters and correspondence