Choose an Event
PRIVATE TEAM TRAINING
Bring this topic or 200+ other training opportunities to your location in-person or online.
Already attended this seminar?
"I have been a member of Fred Pryor for almost three years now and I have yet to attend a class that didn't have valuable information that would benefit my company and/or our employees."”
— Teri M.
"Excellent!! As always, Fred Pryor's courses are easy to follow, very informative and presented in a format that keeps your attention!!"”
— Cynthia S.
"I enjoy all of the seminars that I attend through the Fred Pryor Training Rewards program. They are very informative and the instructors are very knowledgeable and helpful."”
— Tasha M.
"Excellent info for all levels of users. There are always things to add to your "bag of tricks"."”
— Wendy S.
"Wow! I have taken many wonderful courses through Fred Pryor; this one takes the cake!!"”
— Dana N.
"Top notch! Thank you Fred Pryor, this is the best investment my boss could have made."”
— Lewis C.
"I received a lot of great information in this training. Several co-workers went with me which was a great help for me to start implementing some of the changes we need to do at the office. It was very eye opening for them to realize the things that we need to do at the office. It was very eye opening for them to realize the things that need to get to me. It was like Fred Pryor and the trainer had my back!"”
— Tasha C.
You know the old saying — "if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten." If you want to break out of your "business-as-usual rut" and power up your strategizing, problem-solving, and decision-making skills, look no further! This exciting program will teach you to look at problems with an open mind, flex your creative muscle, and develop an aptitude for thinking outside the cubicle! Instead of being stuck with the same old results, you'll be thrilled with new ideas, an innovative approach to problem solving, and a new set of skills for developing strategies that generate results!
First Things First: Own and Define the Problem
- Understand the differences between scientific problem-solving and creative problem-solving
- Recognize the seven critical steps to accepting a problem
- Identify the costs and dangers of ignoring a problem
- "Redefine" problems to discover overlooked solutions
- Discover the importance of having multiple creative solutions to one problem
- Learn the four essential questions to ask for defining a problem
Creative Problem-Solving and Idea Generation
- Why creative ideas tend to die — and what you can do to keep them alive
- Strategies to create an environment that encourages resourcefulness and rewards innovative thinking
- Five creativity myths — busted once and for all!
- Using "what if?" scenarios to uncover exciting opportunities and solutions
- Fear of failure: Master key actions to overcome it, and learn to accept failure as an essential component of success
- Seven strategies for learning to be creative — even if you aren't a "creative person"
- Brainstorming, mind mapping, and other techniques for swiftly generating loads of great ideas
- Powerful ways to stimulate group creativity and break through barriers
Strategic Thinking and Effective Decision-Making
- Strategic thinking — how it differs from creative thinking
- Tips for recognizing your thinking and decision-making style
- How to make the right decision, even when faced with dozens of confusing alternatives
- The five golden rewards of effective decision making
- Two procedures for analyzing your decision-making style
- The six basic decision-making options
- A five-point rational model of decision making
How to Sell Others on Your Great New Ideas
- Overcoming resistance to change — in yourself and your staff
- How to sell creative ideas in a technical world
- Moving from ideas to action — how to get buy-in from key personalities
- Eight common traits shared by all marketable ideas or projects
- Thirteen common characteristics of innovative change efforts
- Eight tactics for handling external resistance and overcoming external opposition
- The 12 basic steps for creative problem-solving