There are currently no public events scheduled for this topic.
Good communication opens doors … and poor communication closes them
Communication is the single most important key to success in the workplace. If you can't communicate with confidence and credibility, you may get passed over for promotions, have a difficult time relating to coworkers and colleagues, and bear the brunt of misunderstandings and mistakes.
Don’t Say a Word: Listening is the Number One Skill for Effective Communication!
- Discover how solid listening skills can expand your personal strengths and improve your professional image
- Build rapport through listening, rather than speaking - you’ll be amazed at how others open up to you!
- Understand why it’s so hard to hear what others are saying, and overcome barriers to effective listening
- Learn to use attentive silence as a tool to get a speaker to think and rephrase
- Utilize questioning techniques you can practice to get to the root of thorny issues
- Master easy methods for picking up on body language and other nonverbal cues
Establish Credibility While Maintaining Mutual Respect
- Identify your personal roadblocks to more effective communication - and learn how to eliminate them!
- Ensure your nonverbal cues match your spoken words (We’ll share the surprising truth about how others interpret body language!)
- Use eye contact, gestures, posture, movement and more to project confidence and authority through body language alone
- Put our proven persuasive techniques to work and get others to buy in to what you’re saying
- Learn how to give -and receive- feedback without becoming defensive
- Uncover the secrets to standing your ground without projecting aggressiveness
Enhance Your Personal Communication Style
- What does the timber and tone of your voice say about you? Learn to modulate your voice and add impact to your words
- Eliminate "um," "you know," "uh," and other filler words that lessen the power of your speech
- Stop sabotaging your communication skills without knowing it - learn what to watch out for
- Determine how others really see you (Take a look in the mirror to see what they see!)
- Develop a personal communication style that reflects who you are - and who you want to be
Express Yourself in Public With Power and Assertiveness
- Tailor your presentation to your audience
- Implement proven public speaking techniques for capturing and keeping your audience’s attention
- Select the right delivery style (tone, formality, methodology) for your audience
- Start memorably and end with a bang - we’ll show you how!
- Incorporate tips and tricks that reduce stress and anxiety before you "take the stage"
- Manage a Q and A session with grace and professionalism
Written Communication Guidelines - If u cn rd ths, u r n Need of Help!
- Avoid the five things you should never include in a professional e-mail
- Remember "delete" doesn’t mean "gone"… discover the truth about company access to your e-trash
- Learn to maintain a professional tone in all written communication — including e-mails!
- Write action-oriented subject lines, openings and closing statements in your correspondence
- Pinpoint situations in which it is appropriate to send an e-mail (and those that require a phone call or even face-to-face communication)
- Use the written word to get others to take action and get the results you want
Embrace and Understand Differences for Maximum Communication
- Learn how to look at situations from another viewpoint — and stay focused on outcomes instead of differences
- Overcome biases and take action
- Identify the advantages of diversity in communication — and use them to your advantage!
*Price may vary by location and date.