Choose an Event
Ashburn, VA 20149
We’re sorry, there are no events scheduled for this area. Please change your location to see seminars.
Choose a New Location
Bring this training to your location.
Have a group of 25 or more people?
Try private, onsite team training.
Bring this topic, or any of our 200+ topics,
to your location with customized training.
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed.
Already attended this seminar?
"I have been a member of Fred Pryor for almost three years now and I have yet to attend a class that didn't have valuable information that would benefit my company and/or our employees."”
— Teri M.
"Excellent!! As always, Fred Pryor's courses are easy to follow, very informative and presented in a format that keeps your attention!!"”
— Cynthia S.
"I enjoy all of the seminars that I attend through the Fred Pryor Training Rewards program. They are very informative and the instructors are very knowledgeable and helpful."”
— Tasha M.
"Excellent info for all levels of users. There are always things to add to your "bag of tricks"."”
— Wendy S.
"Wow! I have taken many wonderful courses through Fred Pryor; this one takes the cake!!"”
— Dana N.
"Top notch! Thank you Fred Pryor, this is the best investment my boss could have made."”
— Lewis C.
"I received a lot of great information in this training. Several co-workers went with me which was a great help for me to start implementing some of the changes we need to do at the office. It was very eye opening for them to realize the things that we need to do at the office. It was very eye opening for them to realize the things that need to get to me. It was like Fred Pryor and the trainer had my back!"”
— Tasha C.
Harness strategies and essential skills necessary to gain your PMP credentials:
- Make it easier to properly initiate a project. Understand the difference between a project charter and a project scope statement.
- Break down Project Management Institute’s (PMI)® framework and distinguish between projects, programs, portfolios, project management and PMOs.
- Understand the interaction of the five process groups, the 10 knowledge areas and the significance of the 47 processes that tie them together. These are key components to understanding the ITTO (Inputs, Tools and Techniques and Outputs) many struggle to comprehend.
- Properly initiate, plan and schedule a project with tools to monitor your progress with ease.
- Utilize the WBS, network diagrams and additional PMI recommended tools.
- Analyze your project’s performance with earned value management so you can bring your project in on-time, on-budget and within quality standards.
- Avoid loose ends: close your project successfully from an administrative and contractual standpoint.
- Practice the formulas, tools, techniques and test taking tips vital to pass the PMP exam.
What to Expect — Course Outcomes:
This course will cover ethics and professional and social responsibility, the project management framework, the five process groups, 10 knowledge areas and the 47 processes that are required to initiate, plan, manage and complete a project successfully.
- Identify the concepts behind integration and scope management
- Define the requirements, process and approach to apply to take the PMP exam
- Examine the main components and framework of the PMP exam
- Write a scope statement, create a WBS and create a WBS dictionary
- Understand and be able to apply “Data Flow Diagrams”
- Investigate the concepts behind time, cost and quality management
- Establish solid network diagramming and earned value calculation skills
- Identify the concepts behind human resources, communications and risk management
- Understand the importance of communication technology and methods
- Understand and be able to apply organizational theory
- Establish solid risk analysis skills
- Pinpoint the concepts behind procurement, stakeholder management and professional and social responsibility
- Distinguish between contract types in procurement
- Learn strategies to isolate and engage key stakeholders
- Gain a better understanding of what to expect on the PMP exam
- Increase confidence in preparation for the PMP exam
- Assess and correct knowledge gaps for better success and end results
PMP and PMI are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
*Price may vary by location and date.